Who gets Yenrod - I do but do you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I often read peoples response to his posts and wonder if they are really trying to read his posts or just picking on an easy target because it isn't instantly accessible to them.

I mean, I always get his posts, in particular the meaning of them and I seem to know where he's coming from. I'm often bemused by the responses.

The fact that people ridicule him, tells me more about them than him.

So?

He never seems to add anythiong positive. Or, to be fair, he never seems to add anything positive in the bits of the forum I frequent; for all I know he's a model of sense and lucidity in "racing".

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Rhythm Thief said:
He never seems to add anythiong positive. Or, to be fair, he never seems to add anything positive in the bits of the forum I frequent; for all I know he's a model of sense and lucidity in "racing".

C'mon, you often take the easy option, I've seen it just tonight. Yea or nae?

Noodley

I can decipher them.

He had a go at me a while back as he thought I was taking the piss (which I wasn't) so I put him on 'ignore' (the only person I have done this to as it was fairly venomous stuff he was saying) but he later realised I was not taking the piss and apologised, which was, IMO, a 'big' thing to do.

Anyway, Yenners is Yenners. And just like everyone else he's a part of this place.

People fall out, hey it's life.

:biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I get most of them. Seems a fine bloke, as I've met quite a few of the Lancastrians I'd be quite interested to meet him. The only thing I sometimes don't get is why he hangs around in the cafe, some of his posts might go down better in P&L, but then again some people don't like venturing there at all.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Noodley said:
I can decipher them.

He had a go at me a while back as he thought I was taking the piss (which I wasn't) so I put him on 'ignore' (the only person I have done this to as it was fairly venomous stuff he was saying) but he later realised I was not taking the piss and apologised, which was, IMO, a 'big' thing to do.

Anyway, Yenners is Yenners. And just like everyone else he's a part of this place.

I remember that, not the same thing though. As you say, we all fall out occasionally.

scook94

Veteran
Noodley said:
I can decipher them.

Erm, how do you that?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Click on My Account (top left)
Click Edit Ignore List (part way down left)
Type the name in question into the box.
Choose the name from the list that appear
Click Okay

Simples!!! :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
Thanks Doc!

Noodley

Crackle said:
I remember that, not the same thing though. As you say, we all fall out occasionally.

No fair point, but it may be that some people take his posts personally. I tend not to, apart from that one thread.

Yenners has been around longer than most, he was a long-serving C+er before wee Joe was born :biggrin:

Rhythm Thief said:
I like to be fair, if I can. But, since you insist, no I don't really get Yenrod. Anyone who says that Arch is a "nasty piece of work" is out of order, in my book. Not that I'm carrying a torch for Arch or anything ...:smile:
That one definitely scores an 11 on the Wrong-o-meter. :laugh:

Having said that I've got a soft spot for Yendodd and have been taking the piss out of him ever since I joined C+ back in 2003. He's often wrong and frequently comes up with stuff that makes me shake my head in despair (Yenkers, birds are people too honest...) but he has this weird, wounded thing going on, like he's constantly bewildered by life and can only just about deal with it. Even when he's said something really daft I can't help but think 'oh bless, when will he ever learn?' Daft, but without any malice.

Definitely one of the people who I'd like to meet, just to see...

Keith Oates

Janner
Now that would really be like the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read most of Yenners posts and on the whole enjoy and follow them. Like most of us he says things I don't agree with at times and when that happens I just move to another post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom