Who gets Yenrod - I do but do you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've always found Yenrod's northern patois thrilling in the extreme. If the word autochthonous has any meaning it means exactly what Yenners says it means.

buggi

Bird Saviour
can't say i don't "get" anyone on here. i just take people at face value. sometimes people are nice, sometimes they are not (usually you find that they are not nice if they are going through a rough time or if the thread hits a raw nerve with them or if the are pissed :biggrin:), and sometimes they write complete shite (in my opinion which is usually a different opinion to everyone else's anyway).

often, i just read the posts and i don't always clock who wrote them. i suppose it does sink in, coz otherwise i wouldn't have fell in love with bonj :smile: but in the end... don't kid yourselves... you're all fookin loony but that's why i love it here. :biggrin: coz i fit right in.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, Arch is a nasty piece of work, isn't she?:smile:

Who can forget and forget the L'il Kim lampoon? I'm still traumatised:biggrin:

Gunner Rodgers

Crackle said:
I mean, I always get his posts, in particular the meaning of them and I seem to know where he's coming from. I'm often bemused by the responses.

The fact that people ridicule him, tells me more about them than him.

So?

Yenkers, or as I affectionately know him, Ken Dodd, is a truly smashing chap and I'd like to put my six pence ha'penny in by saying I agree totally with the quoted statement above.

I thank you all for listening, and I'd like to leave you as I came, with a quote.

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about" :biggrin:

And some one said that. :sad:

www.mtbe.co.uk

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm lobbying the OED for yenner's use of emoticons to be included in the
English grammar. Anti-yenrod sentiments must be ruthlessly surpressed!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Crackle said:
Think of him as a modern James Joyce. :biggrin:

As opposed to the medieval one?

Perhaps I don't "get" Yenners. It's not the incoherence that bothers me, it's the combination of misogyny and touchiness, and the habit of provoking arguments and then acting wounded when they don't go his way. It's quite obvious that his problem with Arch and with me (I too have been called a "nasty piece of work, though some no doubt think that's justified) is simply that we're female and answer back. I'm sorry, Crackle, but I don't have much time for it - I know that you think I've behaved despicably towards him, but as far as I'm concerned his presence is reminiscent of blokes in pubs who think they're hilarious but get nasty when they get the brush-off. Except that he doesn't drink - perhaps that's just as well. Sorry to inject a dissenting note into the Yenners appreciation thread - it is possible, of course, that I've misread him.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

theclaud said:
As opposed to the medieval one?

Well one thing he doesn't do is make smart, perhaps slightly snide/barbed/sniffy (you choose) comments.

With Yenners, what you see is what you get. He's not perfect, few of us are but there's no pretension and no disappointing little sting in the tail of friendliness. I know you don't get him.

If you are asking me for an explanation of 'get' then you probably need to look no further that your own summary. To me it smacks of your world experience and views, not of who Yenners is. Perhaps he gets touchy when he gets pigeonholed by views he can see beyond: Perhaps not, you decide.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Crackle said:
Well one thing he doesn't do is make smart, perhaps slightly snide/barbed/sniffy (you choose) comments.

With Yenners, what you see is what you get. He's not perfect, few of us are but there's no pretension and no disappointing little sting in the tail of friendliness. I know you don't get him.

If you are asking me for an explanation of 'get' then you probably need to look no further that your own summary. To me it smacks of your world experience and views, not of who Yenners is. Perhaps he gets touchy when he gets pigeonholed by views he can see beyond: Perhaps not, you decide.

Well you did start the thread. Presumably because you think he's misunderstood or treated unfairly? But then apparently most people think he's OK, and I'm in a minority. I'm genuinely sorry to have pissed you off so much - I know when it dates from but if it's not about Yenrod then I really don't know what it is about. As you rightly observe, all I know of Yenners is how he talks to me (and others) on here - and I stand by the fact that he has been fairly objectionable. There might be more and wonderful things to him, but I am not a mind-reader.

Sorry about the gag - the association of Yenrod with a literary giant seemed to warrant some sort of minor piss-take. I'll admit to a touch of facetiousness - whether you interpret that as snide or just playful tends to depend on whether you are well-disposed towards someone or not - clearly I've burnt my bridges and I won't make any more cracks at your expense.

What you see is, to an extent, what you get with me too, although there's a performative element to forums and, frankly, I enjoy that aspect of it. So - there really is no sting in the tail. I regret that you have come to dislike me, and will apologise to Yenners if I find I have done him an injustice.

yenrod

2 drunks at a bar and one says to the other 'juh wanna...juh wanna...juh wanna...'

DRINK ! xx(

To which the p@ssed pal replies -

'what juh say'

Arch

Married to Night Train
Crackle said:
With Yenners, what you see is what you get.

Funny how it's considered to be better if someone is just rude up front, rather than trying to hide it...

Rich - you know you loved it really....xx(

Yenrod - yes, we all get frustrated by people we know, sometime. It's your habit of referring to 'women' with an almost audible sneer I dislike...

yenrod

You'd never have got this on the C+ forum.

The 'arsey attitude by members on here'

Let me leave you with one last astatement - who laughs on here...cause some on here are soo far up their own ass.....

xx(:ohmy::girl:

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
You'd never have got this on the C+ forum.

The 'arsey attitude by members on here'

Let me leave you with one last astatement - who laughs on here...cause some on here are soo far up their own ass.....

xx(:ohmy::girl:

Yenrod, I didn't like a lot of what you said on C+ either....

Who laughs on here? Most people, as far as I can tell...

Top Bottom