Who is hibernating now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No way I'm hibernating!
For a start I don't have a car, still need to get to work in winter.
For a second, this winter marks the start of my 6th year commuting, I was almost 48 when I started, terrified of riding the roads.
Look at me now, last summer I cycled to England and back :becool:
Btw, the weather has really been mild here, never really cold so far, hardly any rain, certainly no wind storms. We will probably get the worst of it after the new year.
I started commuting in 2008 at a similar age to you then i used to hibernate when the clocks went back:banghead:Did that for a couple of winters but not now as winter cycling is fun and challenging.

The most shocking thing on this thread is that @Marmion rides a bike I just thought he was an armchair racing cyclist enthusiast knobber....

I only claimed I rode considerably more in winter than I did in summer...10 miles or so is considerably more than 0 miles in my book

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I was out this afternoon. Average temperature 3 degrees as I spent at least half the time over 1000ft up (mainly slogging uphill). Not icy, fairly dry roads, cool but togged up it was fine. Summer bike (actually my only bike), just need to give it a clean tomorrow and it'll be fine

Lovely quiet lanes....the only thing that keeps me indoors is lying snow or icy conditions. To enjoy cycling in the Peak District you have to be reasonably fit. I couldn't imagine the pain and suffering if I took a couple of months off the bike and then restarted

classic33

Leg End Member
You mean the bit of Wales that is in line with Manchester and Sheffield and south of Leeds, York and other areas where thousands of riders routinely ride throughout winter?
Image2.jpg

I have switched to running and mtn biking until after Xmas at least, as much as anything it's a change of scenery. I hate starting running but a few weeks and I'll have forgotten the pain of it.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I ride all year round, the winter is just as good as the summer, if a little more challenging. I won't go out on the road if it's icy. I will on the mountain bike though!

Top Bottom