Who would you invite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Mads Mikkelsen - One of my favourite actors who's done a huge range of films and TV that I love.

Limmy - Darkly hilarious and properly funny, would be excellent fun and he's a cyclist too!

Varg Vikernes - Controversial in both actions and beliefs, I think he's interesting and has been somewhat misrepresented over the years so I'd like a chat.

Gillian Anderson - Like Mads, I think she's brilliant in just about everything, I'd like to know if David Duchovny really was that much of a dick on X Files.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Seems I forgot to add "...and explain why". :thumbsup:
Ah, right...
Margaret thatcher- I'd like to see how she performs in a mixed, non political group. She reminds me of my Nan and I would be fascinated to see if, in reallike=fe she was anything like her. plus, for all of the politics, she was a woman who succeeded in a mans world, so would be an interesting addition.

Harrison Ford- If I HAD to be famous, I would want the fame that he has, with the ability to lead a relatively normal life despite being internationally recognised. That illustrates a grounding and quality that I would like to understand. Plus I'd want to ask about the bloody earing thing.

Richard Feynman- Huge fun, possibly more so that Hawking (although I suspect a similar humour) and not as antisocial as Turing or Einstein

Iris Elba- Cos he's a street lad done good and would wind Margaret up wonderfully. Plus I perceive him as a super focussed yet down to earth character

David Attenborough- Who Wouldn't. Plus his diplomacy will diffuse the agro between Idris and Maggie

Kevin McCloud- I think he is one of those social chameleon types. He initially comes across as a bit of a potential snob but then shows that he has an accepting and searching persona that I find fascinating.I am attracted to this and want to understand what makes him tick

Kim Kardashian- I despise "reality TV" especially when it is so far removed from actual reality. So I am not attracted by her status. What fascinates me is the level of boredom she (and her family) seem to suffer. They have access to everything and anything they want, so nothing is a treat. I'd want to know if, deep down she dislikes that aspect of "super success" and searches for simple pleasures. Plus what is her mum all about, the women is mad!

Jonathan Ive- A designer who I think has had an impact on so much of our lives, often subconsciously, Id like to know what its like to be him, what he does for kicks, what inspres him.

Jeff bridges- In a similar way to Harrison, I'd also enjoy getting to know a man who has come from an acting family (with an unconventional childhood) yet still seems to be in touch with the world
Sidney Poitier- One of my favourite actors and I guess as a Black man who made it big, way before Black men were accepted as being able to, he would have some interesting stories to tell.

Dave Grohl- They say you should never meet your hero's, bit I'd be prepared to go out on a limb to spend some time with the Grohl, plus we could jam a bit...if he'd let me.

Steve Wozniak- We all know so much about Jobs but I'd like to see how Apples success effected the other side of the table, plus I cant help but feel that Jobs ripped Woz off a lot during their careers and want to understand if I am right and how Woz came to terms with that.

Shawn Carter- As one of the most powerful and currently influential black men in America (if not the world. Sorry Barrack) I would like to see what sort of character he really is. I reckon he is confident, focussed and a complete blast.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Steve Tyler & Joe Perry aka - The Toxic Twins.

All of Motley Crue.

Jimmy Page.
Jimmy Hendrix.
Gary Clark Jr.
Slash.
Rory Gallagher
Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Albert King
BB King.

Des Drummond * Special Invite* as one of the finest black RL wingers of all time & my personal all time Leigh RLFC legend & all round cool dude.

Morgan Freeman.
Sammuel. L. Jackson

Brad Wiggins
Jens Voigt
Mark Cavendish
Thomas Voeckler

Last edited:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Richard Ayoade, but then I couldn't take anyone else as he'd probably not talk at all if there were three people there...
Because he comes across as an immensely intelligent guy who has been successful across multiple areas in his chosen discipline but is apparently ridiculously shy and difficult to get in to a conversation[1]. I think we'd have a lot to talk about and maybe an extended bike ride would soften him up enough to actually chat by the time we got to coffee and cake.
[1] A friend of the 21 year old (they've just had a birthday) bumped in to him, was a bit fangirl, but managed to blurt out "I really liked Submarine" which got a flustered thank you before he scuttled off, it's hard to tell which one was more uncomfortable.

Top Bottom