Who's bought an expensive bike on finance????

Have you taken finance to purchase your latest steed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Never

Votes: 55 52.4%
  • In the future ...

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm often drooling over expensive bikes I can't afford.

Has anyone bought an expensive bike (£1000, £2K, £3K ++) on finance to get there dream ride.
I really understand why you feel that way because I have been fortunate to be able to buy amongst others two brand new bikes in my time without having to take out finance. The last of them being the one in my Avatar the Roberts which cost me £2500 and that is not meant to sound boastful but rather why on earth did I pay that much for it. I did because it was a retirement present but I have never really felt comfortable on it. So really make sure you want the bike of your dreams before you put yourself in debt to get it.
As one of our colleagues as said I get more satisfaction on buying bits on Ebay and building up bikes that are a lot cheaper even though it does take some time to do it.
I must admit though I still read road reports on various bikes and lust after them but I am fortunate in that I now have limited resources being retired.

Mrs M

Guru
I was 50 last week and my main pressie was my new Giant Defy 0 but i also got so much cash and bike shop vouchers that I am seriously thinking about buying a new CX bike too - and My lovely wife thinks I should too!!
Oops, almost forgot.
Belated happy birthday :birthday:.

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
I have no real feelings either way to be honest. I mean, it's ok to say debt is bad, don't borrow money etc etc but mortgages? Car loans? Caravans on finance?
If 0% then it's a no brainer, i'm by no means rich but we always try to keep a bit of a balance in the bank in case of an emergency. I do have three kids to think about so that does come into the equation when buying "luxury" items. It does get a bit silly though when a bike payment is more than your car or house.

All that said, I'm also highly unlikely to run out and buy a bike which is £2500 plus, I don't see the need. When last years models can be available with literally thousands of pounds off then what's the need? My limit would be realistically £1500 and I would need to really really really want it!!

Top Bottom