Who's bought an expensive bike on finance????

Have you taken finance to purchase your latest steed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Never

Votes: 55 52.4%
  • In the future ...

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Elvis is King, Cash is The Man in Black. HTH.
Well he was, unless he's back, as zombie Johnny Cash:eek:.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
What motivated you to ask?

I saw another post of a really beautiful bike, and I said to myself, where do people find £3000-£4000 for these bikes.
The other reason is, i'd really like a new bike as-well. Probably around the £1000 mark would do me fine.
I'm kind of OK with credit, some good deals around and I could basically pay out £30-£40 a month and get something nice - but I've held off, I need to be responsible, sensible, careful. We're deep enough in debt as it is - although it is all under control.

I will just stick to my trusty steed, and drool over the lovely machines I see.

vickster

Legendary Member
I saw another post of a really beautiful bike, and I said to myself, where do people find £3000-£4000 for these bikes.
The other reason is, i'd really like a new bike as-well. Probably around the £1000 mark would do me fine.
I'm kind of OK with credit, some good deals around and I could basically pay out £30-£40 a month and get something nice - but I've held off, I need to be responsible, sensible, careful. We're deep enough in debt as it is - although it is all under control.

Big salary, high disposable income, low outgoings, frugal lifestyle, no debt, save up...all of these and others

It's far more satisfying to buy the bike outright, from the off:okay:. Especially if the new bike gets broken, or stolen.:angry:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I despise credit. Saw my parents deal with 'tick' for years. I'm a saver.
I can't stand credit either pal.

Didn't stop me getting mine on a buy now pay later deal last July though. Thankfully iv just payed it off which is a huge weight off my shoulders.
Smart decision in my mind would be to buy the bits as and when you can afford it and build yourself. Would be a painful wait, especially if your an impatient sod like me. May be more expensive once you add it all up compared to buying complete bike but you won't have all that debt over your head and you wouldn't notice the hole in your pocket as much if you purchased all the components over time.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I want a new bike, a road bike, I lust after them, I yearn to own a brand spanking new trusty stead, a hand made steel or titanium jobby. But then I think what is the point? My road bike is FAB, it fits, it rides well, and we've have history, on the same bike I have cycled three Ride London's, two FNRttC's , up The Avenue des Champs-Élysées and around the Arc de Triomphe, The New York Five Boro's challenge (not much of a challenge to honest, but great fun) and the Cape Argos in South Africa, and many sportives and quite a bit of the Languedoc region in France. I just can't bring myself to buy another bike.

I just wait until you boys spend the money, realise the bike is too small or not what you want so stick it on ebay and I get it for a steal as you want a quick sale Ha ha.

Its how I got my Norco.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom