Who's bought an expensive bike on finance????

Have you taken finance to purchase your latest steed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Never

Votes: 55 52.4%
  • In the future ...

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3 K for a bike is not expensive.

vickster

Legendary Member
So why's 3k not expensive then??

vickster

Legendary Member
Because to someone else £400 is expensive? Expense is only really relative to your own wallet/bank account/funding
Of course ... which is why what the guy who said 3k isnt expensive and he can't afford it makes no sense

I could afford a 3k bike but I would find it difficult to justify based on the amount I would ride it given I have 4 others

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Of course ... which is why what the guy who said 3k isnt expensive and he can't afford it makes no sense

I could afford a 3k bike but I would find it difficult to justify based on the amount I would ride it given I have 4 others
In some pockets a £3k bike is cheap though, and in others a £500 bike expensive. I don't think a persons ability to afford something changes how they perceive the cost or makes it senseless.

simon.r

Person
I bought my last bike on interest free credit. It was as cheap as anywhere else, so no reason not to. In fact I could argue that it's cheaper to buy it this way as the money I'm not spending immediately will earn some interest in my savings account (although the amount is insignificant given current interest rates).

I don't see a problem with taking credit at lower interest than your savings earn, as long as you have enough savings to cover the payments if your circumstances suddenly change and as long as you're not paying a premium for whatever you buy compared to buying it elsewhere with cash.

Top Bottom