England : Lancashire Wiggle Dragon Ride 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tjcafferkey

tjcafferkey

Regular
I filled out the whole form, hovered over it for a bit and then went off it. Just too much money. Id love to do a cheaper one in the Wales area which isn't a four hour drive for me too.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I filled out the whole form, hovered over it for a bit and then went off it. Just too much money. Id love to do a cheaper one in the Wales area which isn't a four hour drive for me too.
Do one in the Yorkshire Dales, Peak District or Forest of Bowland instead! :whistle:

PS Could you or a mod edit your thread title to show the right location - it should be where the ride is, not where you are! :thumbsup:

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Nothing is really close to Margam Park, but closest B&B's would be in Port Talbot. I seem to remember there were a few on the A48 just past the college on the way into PT. I did the Medio last year on my own as I couldn't make the actual event day, nice ride and not too hard. Gone for the full monty this year. I'll be driving down early, as It's not too much of a nasty drive from west Birmingham.

lukesdad

Had a look at the website earlier.Apparently instead of just taking the first 5000 that manage to get through on the internet now they are allowing anyone interested to apply on line then put all the applications into a ballot.

They say its to make it fairer but then kind of spoil that illusion by saying if you pay £55 you avoid the ballot and get straight on the list. What happened to the spirit of fairness there then?

Personally I wouldnt pay the normal price of £45 just to ride on public roads and get a free banana or two but plenty obviously think it is value for money as no doubt it will sell out again.

Now let me get this straight Graham dear boy ^_^ You are organising a CC ride on the Dragon grand fondo route, which the usual jovial chaps will be in attendence and these guys ^^^ are shelling out £50 0r £60 to ride the sportive ? :eek: madness.

Pedalling up the Bwlch today the Afon lodge looked a nice gaff you could make a weekend of it take the mtb and hit the trails at afon its only just across the road, be a shame to miss them seeing as you are in the locality.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Now let me get this straight Graham dear boy ^_^ You are organising a CC ride on the Dragon grand fondo route, which the usual jovial chaps will be in attendence and these guys ^^^ are shelling out £50 0r £60 to ride the sportive ? :eek: madness.

Pedalling up the Bwlch today the Afon lodge looked a nice gaff you could make a weekend of it take the mtb and hit the trails at afon its only just across the road, be a shame to miss them seeing as you are in the locality.

I understand the attraction of a mass event and would possibly do it again myself but not at the price its gone to now, wouldnt mind so much if most of the profit went to charity as it does on the Merlin for example.

Just a thought Mark, I wonder if theres a bunkhouse at the Afan valley mtb place? I have ridden in there to use the loo before now but didnt really check it out..I will ride over and check that plus the Afan lodge next week. Hadnt intended looking for accomodation possibilities until closer to the event but may as well start sounding it out.

lukesdad

I understand the attraction of a mass event and would possibly do it again myself but not at the price its gone to now, wouldnt mind so much if most of the profit went to charity as it does on the Merlin for example.

Just a thought Mark, I wonder if theres a bunkhouse at the Afan valley mtb place? I have ridden in there to use the loo before now but didnt really check it out..
Should have asked really but there was nothing visible, their hot choccy was rather good though. Hard work up the Bwch and Rhingos on bladdy single speed I can tell you !

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Travelodge at Bridgend is currently £36 for the Sat night - about 15 miles away

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Should have asked really but there was nothing visible, their hot choccy was rather good though. Hard work up the Bwch and Rhingos on bladdy single speed I can tell you !
If God meant us to go Sinhgle speed he wouldfnt have invented gears. And the world would have been flat :-)

Top Bottom