Wind Chimes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:smile:

What is it with people and wind chimes!??

It's been a windy summer, as I am sure you are aware, and we have some girls who live in the house 2 doors down, moved in late last year) from us who have decided to install some very jingly jangly wind chimes.

What is their purpose? Are they specifically designed to make as much jingly jangly noise as they possibly can so as to interupt the relaxation and sleep of all of their surrounding neighbours!? Does anyone on here actually like them???

I think I'll write to my MEP. They seem to be very good at geting things banned....:smile:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I think it is merely a statement as to how they would like their superficial lifestyle to be viewed by neighbours. Don't rise to the bait.

Wind chimes? Pah!

In the last month I've had to trespass across two gardens to lock up a dog that the neighbours leave out to bark all night. They leave the back door open so the dog can come and go. It's one of those neurotic ones.

Thing is, he works nights, but she doesn't - so where is she? I haven't mentioned it yet to the chap as I don't know whether he knows that his missus isn't there at night. What to do...?

Maz

Guru
I'm with you on this one, Mag. If I lived near one of them it would drive me bonkers. I pass a house with jingly-jangly chimes on my commute and think myself lucky I don't live next door.

I think you should sneak round SAS-style and sabbotage it.

Now, having given this serious consideration whilst under the shower magnatom, I feel the answer lies 'within' your name...magnetize them!
Every time they touched they would stick together - or veer away.
As Gerry says - they are a statement of 'je ne sais quoi' and as long as they are hanging there that'll do...

The other 'solution' is to get some clear silicone and dispense a bead - not too much - at each contact point. They will 'move and groove' but they will not disturb 'King Video' when he is imbibing in his garden! :smile: Chimey neighbours will think all is ok as it moves, touches - the sound will 'auto suggest' itself to them - and all will be well. Pop over and say what a lovely melody they make. :smile:

Slowgrind

Me I love em! They jingle jangle day and night in my apple tree, and will for as long as the string that holds them together lasts. Then its time for a bigger better set!

surfgurl

I've got a set that I have had for about ten years. In this house they are hung up on the bolt on the inside of the backdoor. My paranoia tells me the jangle will wake me up if someone breaks in. If it doesn't perhaps it will annoy an intruder into going away?

domtyler

Über Member
Why fuck around? Just go round and set fire to the house one night while they're all asleep. That'll learn 'em. :?:

Top Bottom