Wind Chimes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
My local cemetery is full of them, especially round the children's plots. There was a big fuss when the council tried to ban them and remove them. Those that have them want them to stay and those that don't want to spend quiet time round their loved ones.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
mr_cellophane said:
My local cemetery is full of them, especially round the children's plots. There was a big fuss when the council tried to ban them and remove them. Those that have them want them to stay and those that don't want to spend quiet time round their loved ones.
Was there a right old ding dong about it? :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
:biggrin: Wonder if they have a giant bird feeder as well?

Wind chimes are at their worst when they're neglected, the clapper lists at an angle and only strikes the same couple of notes each time.

Some of our neighbours here have bamboo ones which aren't quite as bad and luckily can't be heard from the house.

Why not pop round to your neighbours and tell them that your sleep is being disturbed - they will probably go out of their way to recommend herbal teas and essential oils that will help you sleep through the noise :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Get hold of an 8K rig and hide it in their garden. Tape some wind chimes.

Next time you have a windy day let rip and share the melodic sounds with the whole of Glasgow. You will most likely find a long line of friendly Scotsmen outside their house wall wishing to compliment them on their wind-chimes.

Maz

Guru
magnatom said:
Does it further the dicussion if I mention that they are American.....:tongue:
No doubt they'd claim that anyone who didn't like their chimes was either a limp-wristed pinko Commie-lover or an al-qaeda sympathiser.

They have every right to hang their chimes - they pay their taxes goddammit!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Yep my neighbours have the big bamboo ones, like living next door to a Peruvian pipe band.

I actually watch the weather forecast for the wind speed to see how much sleep i'm likely to get.

When it's not windy i get to listen to his industrial strength water pump on the Koi pond.

They sleep at the front of the house, obviously.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have windchimes. I have then in the house so I can give them a nudge when the mood takes me, less antisocial I think. I also prefer the tuned chimes that make musical notes rather then jangly noise.

Jaded

American girls with wind chimes are screamers in my experience.

So, only shag them on windy nights.

domtyler

Über Member
Jaded said:
American girls with wind chimes are screamers in my experience.

So, only shag them on windy nights.

Real girls may not be the same as the ones in your special movies. :tongue:

Trillian

Keith Oates said:
Dom, he wants to get rid of the wind chimes, not the house:rolleyes:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but dom's plan is a classic case of small bird, big rock

can't miss that way!

Top Bottom