Women drinking pints?

Should women be allowed to drink a pint in public?

• Yes, in a pint glass like a bloke

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, it should be 2 half pint glasses

• Women should not be allowed to drink beer

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
User76 said:
In Kirsties new avatar it is obvious she is drinking a pint of beer, but the boys way:ohmy: So do you think it's right for women to drink pints in a public house, or should they do it the girls way, in two half pint glasses to maintain their femininity and some decorum?
Maybe Kirstie is just very small, and that IS in fact half a pint? :angry:

puddleglum

The sheer, bloomin' effort of going to the bar every 10 minues makes drinking halves impractical.
I was once friendly with a lass who would ALWAYS knock back 16 or 17 halves and then stager home after her gallon of ale, confidently secure in the knowledge that she had maintained her feminine decorum...

gavintc

Guru
Well, my wife drinks pints. When she wants a beer she wants a pint not a half. But, as a Canadian, she has not grown up with the prejudices and opinions of the British drinker.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
What exactly is 'feminine' about drinking half-pints anyway?

Danny

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:
Absolutely astonishing!
I hope that this is a joke thread.
Or perhaps a case of "never a truer word said in jest".

I think you may be shattering a few people's idolised image of femininity - keep it up :becool:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Oh dear, I'm obviously not much of a lady. Been drinking by the pint since I was a student. Why have to go up to the bar twice as often?

I see nothing wrong with pints, I wouldn't drink halves myself so why should a women - laughable poll Maggot, or was it meant to be.

On a more serious issue, the amount of achohol that women drink has gone up, as has liver scerosis, which is worrying. So for the sake of health I would argue that women should generally be carefull about drinking but that has nothing to do with the glass it's in.

Top Bottom