Women drinking pints?

Should women be allowed to drink a pint in public?

• Yes, in a pint glass like a bloke

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, it should be 2 half pint glasses

• Women should not be allowed to drink beer

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Nothing at all wrong with a woman drinking out of a pint glass. As long as she gets a round in now and then.;)

yenrod

Flying_Monkey said:
What exactly is 'feminine' about drinking half-pints anyway?

Crackle said:
I see nothing wrong with pints, I wouldn't drink halves myself so why should a women - laughable poll Maggot, or was it meant to be.

On a more serious issue, the amount of achohol that women drink has gone up, as has liver scerosis, which is worrying. So for the sake of health I would argue that women should generally be carefull about drinking but that has nothing to do with the glass it's in

;)

barq

I went on holiday to a very conservative little village where my female friend caused outrage by drinking a pint of Stella. The barman was very keen to replace with two 1/2 pint glasses.

That was the same village where I raised eyebrows by buying The Guardian at the local shop one day. The next day a different person was serving but as I again bought a Guardian he said, "Oh you must be the person who bought The Guardian yesterday." Nice to be infamous within days. ;)

Desert Orchid

So you weren't " local " then ;)

once dated a girl who drank pints,

but had to end it when she started to smoke a pipe in a pub ;)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
buggi said:
actually, i've voted for two half pints. nothing wrong with keeping your femininity. i mean come on, would you fancy a bloke who wore lippy? No, i want my man to masculine, and i would want my bloke to fancy me coz i'm feminine.

this doesn't mean i don't agree with equal pay and equal rights tho, i once joined the fireservice, but it doesn't mean i have to forget i'm a girl.

^^What she wrote :angry:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
buggi said:
i mean come on, would you fancy a bloke who wore lippy?
I would, and have, I used to be a goth :angry:

Have always drunk pints as it means less frequent trips to the bar.
The large glass also makes my hand look small and more feminine.

Blimey, I'd be in a world of trouble if I bought a half for mrs d! (unless it was Leffe, which should, imho only be consumed by the half).

Chuffy

Veteran
Baggy said:
I would, and have, I used to be a goth :angry:

Have always drunk pints as it means less frequent trips to the bar.
The large glass also makes my hand look small and more feminine.
Heh, it's great snogging someone when you're both wearing lippy. You get sort of stuck to each other. :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Chuffy said:
Heh, it's great snogging someone when you're both wearing lippy. You get sort of stuck to each other. :biggrin:
Never tried it...but it must be slimy.
Generally I hate lippy now, and it's grim when you sip your pint (or half) and notice someone's mingy old lipstick stuck on the glass :angry:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
A woman drinking a pint with decorum, (likewise for a bloke) is not a problem AFAIAC. It is actually quite cute in a 'I-am-one-of-the-boys' way.

A woman (or a bloke) drinking like a complete tossette (tosser) looks like a tossette (tosser) ie downing in one and belching/vomitting it back up.

Dayvo

just passin' through
I didn't vote, but I'd rather have a girlfriend who drank beer than not! :smile:

As long as she didn't have the accompanying beer gut! :ohmy:xx( :wacko:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
So who's going to own up to voting that women shouldn't be allowed to drink beer? Come on, there are nine of you.:smile:

Eight besides me. If women drink beer, who's going to drive the pissed up men home?

What?

Top Bottom