Women drinking pints?

Should women be allowed to drink a pint in public?

• Yes, in a pint glass like a bloke

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, it should be 2 half pint glasses

• Women should not be allowed to drink beer

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marooncat

Always have drunk pints (apart from when my dad was buying me drink when I was younger as he would not buy me a pint - even if I asked for one I got a half pint :laugh:)

I hate drinking out of a half pint glass, if I get behind in our round (one of the guys I drink with has been known to finish his pint in the time the rest of us get 2" down ours) I will have a half pint but pour it into my pint glass.

Night Train

Maker of Things
M and I both knock back pints without a second thought, I think every girlfriend I've ever had would drink pints at a pub. Can't see what the problem is if the drinking is sensible.

Maz

Guru
I don't get this thread at all.
Feminine? Not feminine? It's just a glass for drinking out of!
I always order pints of coke, lemonade or J20 when I'm in the pub. How 'girlie' is that?

ChrisKH

Guru
I see in the paper that the'yre looking at introducing a third measure, which will be 2/3'rds of a pint or thereabouts. I think I will prefer that to either a pint (usually flat by the time I get to the bottom) or a half pint (not quite enough).

Just realised C of G beat me to it.

parklaneyido said:
A big turn off when I see a woman drinking a pint

<-------------Look, look!!

Oh no...! Walnut whip...button mushroom...;)

Niall Estick

Once I took my 'modern' girlfriend into my decidedly 'unreconstructed' local boozer.

When she asked for a half, they asked her if she wanted it in a 'ladies' glass' (tall, narrow, with a stem). He reply was something along the lines of: "A fookin what glass?"

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
parklaneyido said:
A big turn off when I see a woman drinking a pint

.".....leaves all the more REAL women for us REAL men..." ;) ;)

You can have your charisma by-passed Posh Spice/Jordan alcopop-thru-a-straw drinking wannabes. Give me a woman with a pint and a personality anyday, over some look-at-me 'pretty' girl that is nothing more than a walking clothes-horse for Top Shop.

Abitrary

Noodley said:
You are not really drinking it, just making a show. ;):biggrin::biggrin:

I thought that as well when I saw that shamless attention appeal, that is her avatar.

I had to have a bath after I saw that. I hope I don't have to see it again.

User1314 said:

"The most important thing is that once these measures are implemented, that the pint is outlawed and the police and the courts can waste an inordinate amount of time prosecuting recalcitrant publicans." (From the comments beneath the story.) He's not wrong is he? I don't want to buy my beer in two thirds of a pint glasses. What a ridiculous idea, a solution looking for a problem:angry:.

Top Bottom