Women 'V' The Available Space

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mr Pig said:
My mother was just as bad. Do you remember the packets of table jelly you used to get? They were about the size of a cigarette packet and it was blocks of jelly that you tore off and dropped into boiling water. Every time my mother went to the supermarket she bought some of them and we never used them! We had a cupboard full...

With my grandma, it was soap. Not fancy stuff, just the normal fairy/dove/simple bars, often in bargain 3 packs. She had a whole cupboard, the size of a small wardrobe, full of it. A friend of my mum said if the river at the bottom of the garden ever flooded, there would have been froth all the way up the Aylestone Road...

But then my gran had the hoarding gene, AND lived through WW2, so I can she really though it was worth stocking up on stuff. My Mum is a bit more controlled, her thing is cloth, because she sews. I've got it a bit, and it's mostly books for me.

My toiletries, however, are minimal. There are probably as many toiletries in my little bathroom that used to belong to my BF, and he's been dead over two years. That's my other trouble, items of sentimental value.

Clive Atton

Über Member
Went on holiday for two weeks and a female friend house-sat. We have two bathrooms, one my wife and son to use, and mine (must be my disgusting habits). The guest used my bathroom, the bottle count went from four (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and bubble bath) to (literally) twenty four. I felt violated. This sort of thing needs legislating against.

lazyfatgit

It's not just the fact there's so much of the stuff. There never seems to be any stock rotation either. Discovered a huge new bottle of shower gel just appeared in the rack beside my 1 bottle. The old one is still 1/3 full, which i'm sure i can eek out for weeks. In the drawer is the stuff from Xmas 2007! how much bloody shower gel do you need?

Top Bottom