Women's Pro Cycling (with spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ludwig less popular with riders than with public/media:
“She’s a rider who never gets her face in the wind,” van Dijk said on the podcast according to Canadian Cycling Magazine. “She’s always sitting on. Always waiting.”

Van Dijk added that while the media seems to love Ludwig, that sentiment is hardly felt in the peloton. “Nobody likes her,” she said.

Also appearing on the podcast, former racer Roxane Knetemann, who said she finds Ludwig “to be such an annoying rider. She’s always yelling or whining.”
https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a4...about-cecilie-uttrup-ludwig-nobody-likes-her/

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member

I heard this and am choosing to ignore! 🤣

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Today is Annemiek van Vlueten’s last race! What an era it’s been. I’ve only followed women’s pro racing for the last two years but even I can’t quite imagine it without AVV. I’m nervous SDWorx will win even more!

Anyway…thank you Annemiek and Happy Retirement

Mike_P

Guru
A work colleague was cycling on Sunday with Lizzie Deignan who was back home for a while. She was wearing her Lidl-Trek kit which made me wonder if pros are contracted to always wear their team kit; thinking that otherwise pros might want to go cycling in disguise.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A work colleague was cycling on Sunday with Lizzie Deignan who was back home for a while. She was wearing her Lidl-Trek kit which made me wonder if pros are contracted to always wear their team kit; thinking that otherwise pros might want to go cycling in disguise.

I'm pretty sure they have to but I can't remember where I heard that

Mike_P

Guru
It will save you money to use the free kit, so that may be a factor too!

Assume they have a number of them

Jameshow

Veteran

I've seen her on the front of the otley chain gang in years gone bye!!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
The women’s UAE tour kicked off today! Watching the coverage, it just seems to stressful at the end. Wide wide roads but the peloton was swarming all over the place, like a crash could happen at any moment! Wiebes triumphant but an excellent start overall!

Got to be honest, when I heard Orla say ‘Hello’ on the Breakaway, I couldn’t stop grinning! Cycling’s back, baby!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

Some quite serious sanctions

Danny Van Haute [team DS] was found to be the main perpetrator and was sanctioned with a suspension from any activity in cycling until 31 December 2025 as well as a fine.

Moira Barrett [mechanic] played an active role in the fraud by wearing a rider’s clothes and attempting to sign the start sheet as the team’s fifth rider. She was sanctioned with a suspension from any activity in cycling until 1st September 2024.

Top Bottom