WOOOOOO!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Got my P.B in the evening 10 tonight:becool: Last year my fastest time on my Giant(gears) was 26.36 in what was classed as perfect conditions.
Tonight on my fixed with a 79.8 gear, i did 25:53, my PB for the course.
Its not a fast one, its pretty bumpy with some short sharp hills on it, but thats my fastest time for fixed, and i beat my time with gears:becool: And many other people on gears aswell:becool:
Im being given some clip on tri bars aswell, so that will be good to see how i do with that.:smile::smile:

With your legs, Joe, that was a great effort! :smile:

Only jesting! Good stuff - keep at it! :smile:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Theres nothing wrong with these legs;)
I think was would work better would be if i put my chain in white spirit to get rid of all the oil, then use it like that.
It will be more light weight because there is no oil there;);)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Jeez Joe, that's impressive... without tribars ;)
Also says a lot about the capabilities of fixed gear too. People don't want to believe how effective one good direct drive cog can be.
Wish I could ride that fast! Chapeau young turk!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Fab Foodie said:
Jeez Joe, that's impressive... without tribars ;)
Also says a lot about the capabilities of fixed gear too. People don't want to believe how effective one good direct drive cog can be.
Wish I could ride that fast! Chapeau young turk!

Yep. Before i went off, many of the people on gears were saying about me being on fixed and how i wil be spinning too much. They are normally the people with lots of gears and very new kit.
The older people that were there asked about the gear and thought i would do alright, but would be abit spinny.
I was fastest person without tri bars, beat some people with tri bars, and the person after me got 26:26, he didnt have tri bars. Everyone that did better was either on a TT bike or had tri bars. Most on TT bikes, only a few with tri bars, and they werent far ahead.
I think fixed ridden right can be fast. You just have to know when to push that bit harder to get the momentum from it to use on the uphill bits.

Young Un

I'll jump on this thread aswell:biggrin:

Did my PB for a 10 tonight aswell with a time of 25.29 which I am well happy with, I again was not using TT clip-on bars, just me and my brute strength:tongue: Watch out Joe, i'm catching you:tongue:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Young Un said:
I'll jump on this thread aswell:biggrin:

Did my PB for a 10 tonight aswell with a time of 25.29 which I am well happy with, I again was not using TT clip-on bars, just me and my brute strength:tongue: Watch out Joe, i'm catching you:tongue:

Not as much of a hilly course though is it;)
Get over to Nottingham and come ride my course, then ill get over and do your course, see how it goes. Be good to see the times.
You just need to start riding fixed now YC

Top Bottom