WOOOOOO!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Right then....I am going off to my local 10 and kicking butts this year..... you don't need all the aero rubbish - I used to come top 20/30 in 120 fields with a standard road bike with tri bars.......

There is obviously more hype about these days than there was 15 years ago...I really fancy a dabble.....

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Just a road bike with tri bars? Amateur.
We have proper testers out on my clubs evening TT.
Cervelos with full aero kit, aero helmets.
One guy was even working out how much he was losing with different wheels with the amount of watts he was putting out:eek:

Shaun

Founder
Yes, well done ... I can maybe do a 5 in that time ... so congrats on your PB's :biggrin:

(Note to self: I'll have to give this TT thing a try some time, sounds like a bit of a challenge!)

OP
OP
J

Joe24

P.B ed again today:becool:
It was very windy, i was still getting used to the bike(and gear) and i did a 25:03.
I beat a guy on a Cervelo TT bike with one of those funny helmet and a skin suit by 24seconds and was 6 seconds off a guy on a full carbon planet x TT bike.
I came 4th out of the 15 riders(one is pretty much semi pro or is semi pro, he came first with 22:55) but 1st on handicap:becool:

So for the first TT on my new TT bike, i dont think thats bad, especially with the wind:becool:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Lardyboy said:
Well done Joe, no doubt another P.B. will be posted again soon? :sad::sad:

I reckon so. An old guy that does the timing, reckons i will be in the 23s soon when its not so windy and im used to the bike, which shouldnt be long.
The thing thats surprised me is who ive beaten. Before ive seen the times and those people have been alot faster then me and their bikes and wanted to be that quick.
Well, ive beaten them tonight. Theres one guy that i still need to beat(he said i just need gears now:eek: he was only 6 seconds faster) and the people above that are really good testers.
I just need a day thats got perfect conditions now:becool:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User1314 said:
Well done. Averaging over 24 mph on a hilly course on a fixed.

The wind was abit hard.
From the start to the first island it was fast, going left there down to the next island(where you turn around) it was a strong headwind. Coming back was fast, then doing a right back down the road we started on it was into a headwind.
When i turned up with a disc, some people said it might be abit different to normal:eek: the bike moved over sometimes, but it wasnt so bad when i got going.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Here i is:becool:
They are both after ive gone across the finish, ive sat up slightly in the first one, but i think i still might need to be abit lower when im in my normal position. I need some pics taken so i can have a look see.
P1010245.jpg

And here is me as ive slowed right down.
P1010246.jpg

I still need my skin suit:becool:

Brahan

Über Member
Well Done Joe :biggrin::becool::sad::biggrin::becool::biggrin::becool::blush: (as you would say) :biggrin:

I'm jumping on here too....Did my P.B last night on our club's 10. I did my first ever TT last year and my quickest time was 27.26 and last night on my steel single speed concoction (which isn't finished yet) I managed 25.45 :biggrin::biggrin: super chuffed! CARBON - PAH! It was MEGA windy too so there are a few seconds to be shaved off there........tune in next week.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Will1985 said:
What course code is it Joe?

That front end still looks too high...

Errrrm not too sure on the course code, i will have to have a look.

Ive flipped the stem over, i dont think i can get it lower unless i get a stem that has more of an angle on. I am abit lower though as im going along, but id sat up slightly, when i relax my shoudlers more im slightly lower.
Im hoping next week isnt as windy, everyone was about 1 min-ish off what they normally do, so i should be down in the mid-low 24s i hope.

Well done Brahan:becool:

Top Bottom