WOOOOOO!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
If you go to the top left and press "Show", there is an "Elevation Profile" option. The first climb looks like a false flat, the return at 10km is probably more noticeable and then you have a downhill finish - I expect the top guys get long 20s/short 21s as that right hand turn could easily wreck your time.

I've found the A10/2, but that is using a different side of the triangle.

NickM

Veteran
Tracklogs says: 405 feet ascent, 479 feet descent.

We used to ride one in Kent with a right-hand turn, but that was on lanes - we always had it well marshalled!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
That right hand turn is annoying. Its a strange roundabout thing, and you can sometimes get caught there, as i did a couple of weeks ago.
The fast guys are getting low 21s, the junior record on there is 22:29 i think, or 22:06, i cant remember.
No marshalling either! You can seew right down, and because you are pretty much turning back on yourself your not going that fast, but it is annoying when you get caught there.
On the way out, you can see the slope.
The finish is on the flat, you go over a round about and its pretty much on the flat, or with a very slight downhill so you can power along there. It was a headwind all the way along there yesterday!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
NickM said:
Yes, well don't take chances just for the sake of a PB, eh? Better by far to live to ride another day...

(Do I sound like your Mum? :biggrin:)

Yes;) I think more along the lines of not taking chances because i dont want to damage the bike though:wacko:
Actually, alot of people that do it say the same, so you dont sound too bad;)
Im getting some other TTs that are around here lined up now:becool:

Will1985

Über Member
After the tragic event at the weekend, there is a lot of forum chatter about changing TTing to non-standard distances to place the emphasis on results (position) rather than time so we don't take risks on courses like the F1 (A1 road) or ones with right hand turns.

Top Bottom