Work stand - useful, or a bit extravagant?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The EBC one (same as the Ribble, same as Raleigh, same as many other brands) is the best value at around £60. (Sometimes seen at more than twice the price?) EBC sell a tool tray for it too.
That's basically the one I've had for years. I got mine from Ribble and IIRC it was about £60. I know it's double the Aldi/Lidl ones in price, but you can see where the extra dosh goes.

BTW, I'm not slagging the cheaper ones as they are great for the money.

Cookie56

Hi,
Having just bought my bike, I've had the spendies for the past couple of weeks - lights, jackets, shorts, locks etc etc
I signed up for the Fix-It! session that Evans run periodically and spent a really good 90 mins with one of the mechanics at Crouch End who was great - didn't assume I knew anything (which I didn't!). He took me through all the basic components, what needs cleaning, and how. And with what. What needs to be checked on a regular basis and so forth.
And also how to take the wheels off (and more importantly, put them back), and change a tube.

The whole thing was made easier by the fact that the bike we were using was up on a workstand.

I'm just wondering - a Park PCS10 costs around £125, which is a fair bit of cash. For someone like me, who's not a hardcore, hundreds of miles a week sort of cyclist, would that be a bit over the top?

I can see how it would be useful for changing a tube, or cleaning the chain (or cleaning the bike!), but I just wonder how much I'd use it.

It would also be useful to know how small it folds down as well - if it's pretty bulky, then that pretty much makes the decision for me, as I'm rapidly running out of room in our garage.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
Definitely recommend a work stand. Makes everything so much easier, cleaning, fettling, fiddling..... Couldn't justify that price but luckily picked one up when they were last in lidl. Happy days :smile:

Top Bottom