Work stand - useful, or a bit extravagant?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
A load of us have bought one of the eBay workstands for £30, including myself. No issues here!

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/ebay-bike-workstand-£30-picture-heavy.148989/
The one from this link seems to have gone up in price a little :ohmy:.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Keep an eye on Lidl for their bike week offers.
1253128_1.jpg
They're usually £30.
I got one a few years ago, I don't use it every week so couldn't justify a Park or even EBC stand
revolution-tune-up-workstand.jpg
currently £60.

I think he just missed it, was a few weeks ago. You might be lucky and find some left over stock in local branch though?

Mile195

Veteran
Extremely, extremely useful.

When it's not in use as a workstand you can use it to keep your bike out the way. That's what I do with mine. One bike hangs in the stand, while another sits underneath it, rather than having two stacked against each other taking up more floor space.

Mine was from Decathlon and cost about £55.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think he just missed it, was a few weeks ago. You might be lucky and find some left over stock in local branch though?
I can confirm that Lidl in Thamesmead had more than 25 of these still in stock on Monday. I know because I counted them.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Extremely, extremely useful.

When it's not in use as a workstand you can use it to keep your bike out the way. That's what I do with mine. One bike hangs in the stand, while another sits underneath it, rather than having two stacked against each other taking up more floor space.

Mine was from Decathlon and cost about £55.
The Decathlon one is now £45 and looks exactly the same as my Lidl £30 one.
I saw that, lol

I guess the new model is now the preferred option, may be a little more than £30 now though.
Yes I see inflation could put the price up a little but not £206 more

HB_Dude

I recently got the £30 special from Lidl....it's quite possible the best cycling related £30 I've spent, I can't believe I struggled without one for so long!

D

Deleted member 23692

I've a Tacx Spider Prof, and it rarely gets put away.

It's annoyingly similar in design to the Aldi/Lidl ones despite the Tacx costing over 4 times as much - it even comes with a 'flop stop'. If I was to buy another then it would definitely be the £30 version.

1rjb.jpg

Top Bottom