World Cup Manchester 1st-3rd Nov 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Doull's going to have to do something big to stop Viviani taking him out of the medals.

Yes, he's got style. But that Irvine, he's got real grit!

I did not understand Irvine's comment in his interview where he said something like "I was the laziest rider in the race early on when I was on the rivet"...I am assuming it was post-race brain freeze and what he was meaning was that he was struggling a bit and hid in the bunch and then his legs got better as the race progressed.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I did not understand Irvine's comment in his interview where he said something like "I was the laziest rider in the race early on when I was on the rivet"...I am assuming it was post-race brain freeze and what he was meaning was that he was struggling a bit and hid in the bunch and then his legs got better as the race progressed.
Yes, I guess I just translated ''on the rivet'' to ''on the limit.'' And - not that I begrudge him - he was knackered.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
BBC coverage was brought to you by Programming Editor Sori Channelova:wacko:

And Laura only came second in the elimination race! I still love her though. I've adopted her as my daughter, so I can't be fickle about these things. (Got one daughter already but Laura rides a bike.)

Last edited:

sleaver

Veteran
Made the journey up from Gatwick on Friday to Manchester for my first time of watching track cycling and I loved it. I was at the Friday evening and Saturday sessions so saw some medal races and quite a mix of events yesterday. On Friday I was on the back straight and the yesterday, just past the start/finish line on the home straight in the second row back.

Took quite a few photos but as I didn't want to watch it through a DSLR view finder, I just took a point and shoot so not sure how well they have turned out.

One race, the average speed was about 63 km/h. I can't even do that going downhill :blush:

I wouldn't mind giving track cycling a go. Well, that was until I walked around the banking yesterday and saw how steep it is. What the heck, I'd still try it ^_^

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
What a great weekend. Went Friday night and Sunday, saw a bit on TV Saturday. Brilliant Friday, not so good in terms of GB medals Sunday but a great day with some very exciting racing, capped with a scratch race that thrilled right to the finish.

sleaver

Veteran
Weird question, but does anyone know what the music they played during the medal ceremonies was?

sleaver

Veteran
country's national anthem ! Was nt aware there was any other type of music played...
I left myself open to that one :smile:

I'm talking about the music where people involved were introduced and possibly whole the medals were being given out and after the national anthem when pictures were taken before they left the podium.

I'll try and find a video tomorrow.

Top Bottom