Would you start or do you have a blog?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

I like the Crazy gut stuff but I find it much more of a draw if it's got lots of piccies and if the writing is a bit off-beat and sideways, giving you a view of the world they're travelling through rather than A-B, it was hard, there was a headwind, the mozzies were bad, kinda stuff. I like people who are observers of life.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If you fancy writing one, have a bash at it - where's the harm?

yello

allen-uk said:
But in general, you're right, blogging is just another form of (largely male) chest-thumping, and not to be encouraged.

It needn't be though. Isn't that blaming the medium for the message somewhat?!

papercorn2000 said:
I've considered writing a blog taken from the point of view of a middle of the pack weekend warrior racer, but is anyone really interested?

Does it matter? If writing it adds something for you, your life, your riding or your writing then, equally, it doesn't matter if nobody is interested! You're doing it for you.

I dunno, there's always a 'look down the nose', geeky association made of those who have an involvement in forums, blogs, twitter, facebook etc etc etc. As though you're somehow a lesser human being for not 'getting out more' or 'having a life'. But it's unjustified imho. These are just new forms of social connection - or whatever - they needn't replace more traditional ones (they often enhance or enable them) and, besides, they are completely harmless.

Nah, if you want to blog then go for it!

Btw, here's my neighbours. A bit maudlin (I'll not go into details of why) but there is some lovely photographs of the area!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
beanzontoast said:
I don't find reading blogs very interesting either. It's a bit like reading someone else's diary. It's not your life you're spending time over - it's theirs. quote]

depends, video diary of a young nymphomaniac could catch my attention

OP
OP
C

Crackle

John the Monkey said:
If you fancy writing one, have a bash at it - where's the harm?

Nowhere I suppose. Might have a bash if I can think of an angle to it. Pictures paint a thousand words and all that. I'll ask the dog, he might fancy a bash. :blush:

Crackle said:
Nowhere I suppose. Might have a bash if I can think of an angle to it. Pictures paint a thousand words and all that. I'll ask the dog, he might fancy a bash. :blush:

Hmmm. It's title could be...

My Humble Musings: Characters on Cycling Forums

:biggrin:

derall

Guru
I read quite a few blogs via my RSS feeds - mainly science sites like Pharyngula, Ediacaran, Sandwalk, and Cocktail Party Physics. Keeps me up to date with the latest news.

Tried writing a blog a couple of years ago, but too busy at work for regular posting so gave up on it. Started writing another last year - again busy at work so very intermittent postings, and I really treat it more like a diary. Much to my surprise, a post I wrote was quoted on one of the Gawker Media sites (IO9, the SF site), so somebody reads it!

Have spent most of this evening putting a post together to go up on Thursday, for Darwin200

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have one and so does my wife! Actually the latter is supposed to be ours, but she uses it more than me to keep ll her Japanese friends and relations up to date.

Mine is mainly work-related, it is sort of my research diary and notebook, it's just that it is public, so other people can correct me or comment. Sometimes it gets very little traffic, sometimes a lot (when I comment on some big thing like the recent House of Lords report on surveillance for example). It's here anyway

Wordpress is easily my favourite system, much better than blogger (which Google now own). And it is also free.

papercorn2000

Flying_Monkey said:
I have one and so does my wife! Actually the latter is supposed to be ours, but she uses it more than me to keep ll her Japanese friends and relations up to date.

Mine is mainly work-related, it is sort of my research diary and notebook, it's just that it is public, so other people can correct me or comment. Sometimes it gets very little traffic, sometimes a lot (when I comment on some big thing like the recent House of Lords report on surveillance for example). It's here anyway

Wordpress is easily my favourite system, much better than blogger (which Google now own). And it is also free.

A blog - mainly on the insiduous spread of surveillance - free for all to see at any time.
Is that ironic or is it just me?

Top Bottom