Would you start or do you have a blog?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I mean Google offers me a free blog but though I find blogging appealing I can't think what I'd write or who the heck would want to read it. I can see it for things like tours, big trips, family and friends in far flung places, excellent articles and for generally active people but for your average uninteresting Joe Soap......................................?

Mine would be breakfast, kids to school, dog walk........oh damn, I've run out already.

:biggrin::?::blush:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
nope and nope, enough dross blogs on the net without my own sad input. Some of the touring ones have been a good source of information. In the sense of a prolonged test environment for kit and useful travel information.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yes.

Started mine to provide some context for my photography, for people that want it. (I post pictures with titles and technical information only, in general). Where people are interested in what I was trying to convey &c, they can have a look on the blog.

I did one for a bit of fun to cover the Rugby World Cup in 2007 - from an English point of view. http://blog.leparisien.fr/rugby6/2007/08/index.html
Long story but I know a journalist on Le Parisien and he asked if I would contribute in English...which involved designing it - all that sort of stuff.
I found it really interesting for the duration and had ideas about developing something less specific (my life story:biggrin:) afterwards...
By playing with the 'toys' at your disposal it is possible to get ideas but, as BoaB says "Who could possibly be interested in moi?"
But it was great fun and I encourage you to experiment.

yello

I have often considered it but more from the perspective of writing, i.e. not intending it for anyone nor even caring about who might read it.

I enjoy the act of writing; crafting a sentence, seeing where it goes and what in turn it suggests to me. Sure, you can do that with pen and paper or a diary etc. but I think blogging might add some focus, an emphasis on presentation etc. I keep a diary but it can be a scribbled mess some days!

But as I don't have a blog, I can't say for sure!

allen-uk

It's a handy way of putting written things up for public view (in the same way as Photobucket, Flickr, etc, are, for photographs).

I've been putting my grandpa's diary of a cycle ride he made from Delhi to Calcutta in 1897 onto a google blog, with a few pics, as over the years several people have asked to read it. I'll put the link on here in a week or so when it's done.

But in general, you're right, blogging is just another form of (largely male) chest-thumping, and not to be encouraged....

Allen.

johnnyh

Veteran
Life is too short to waste it telling the great unwashed my thoughts and feelings... so instead I waste it expressing them here! :biggrin:

papercorn2000

Exactly. If you do something different or interesting, why not? Most of us don't.

I've considered writing a blog taken from the point of view of a middle of the pack weekend warrior racer, but is anyone really interested?

No. Don't have anything that I need to blog about so I'll give it a miss.

I don't find reading blogs very interesting either. It's a bit like reading someone else's diary. It's not your life you're spending time over - it's theirs.

Each to his/her own and all that, but I prefer to focus on living my own life.

Top Bottom