York-Humber Bridge, Saturday, 13th July, 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ill be getting the train from Leeds on Sat morning. Northern Rail train.
Maybe ill see you on it @ColinJ .

Off hand l cant recall the time it's due out of Leeds. 8.20 ish ?
Yes - 08:24.

@Moodyman - I'm assuming that you will be joining us on that train?

I will be catching one train earlier than I need to to Leeds, to minimise the chance of missing the 08:24. I should be on the 06:45 from Todmorden, due to arrive in Leeds at 07:46.

++++++++++

Come on you CycleChatters - the weather is going to be quite good on Saturday... Come and join us! :okay:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hopefully catch you on another ride soon @Pale Rider :okay:

Are you planning on a little stop in Howden again @ColinJ ? Looking at last years ride it was around 11ish, & hopefully I can be at Howden station before 11, otherwise I'll get off at Gilberdyke again & ride towards you until we meet :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Are you planning on a little stop in Howden again @ColinJ ? Looking at last years ride it was around 11ish, & hopefully I can be at Howden station before 11, otherwise I'll get off at Gilberdyke again & ride towards you until we meet :okay:
Yes, but I refer the honourable gentleman to whichever post I put such details in. (One of us has to search to check them so it might as well be you! :laugh:)

(I reckon we will leave Howden again at about 11:30?)

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Yes, but I refer the honourable gentleman to whichever post I put such details in. (One of us has to search to check them so it might as well be you! :laugh:)

(I reckon we will leave Howden again at about 11:30?)
Can't see any timings in this post :blush: but I am tired. Off to bed now. I'll look again in the morning :laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Hi Colin,

Regrettably, I'm going to withdraw from this ride. I've developed a couple of advanced stage saddle sores which need time off the bike to heal. A flat 100 miles isn't going to be much fun . Sorry.

Weather looks favourable, wishing a great day out to all.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Apologies... I don't know what happened, but it seems that I forgot to post an edit that I made to include more timing info! I would have thought we would arrive in Howden after 11:00 and leave by 11:30...

Cheers Colin, If all goes to plan I'll arrive at Howden station at 10:36, so I'll wait there for you guys to come by. If I'm later for any reason I'll meet you en-route somewhere :sad:

Hi Colin,

Regrettably, I'm going to withdraw from this ride. I've developed a couple of advanced stage saddle sores which need time off the bike to heal. A flat 100 miles isn't going to be much fun . Sorry.

You need to man up mate :laugh: Shame you can't make it, but having suffered with saddle sores myself I can confirm the best/quickest recovery is bike rest, but not always easy to stay off the bike :okay: Take care

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hi Colin,

Weather looks favourable, wishing a great day out to all.
No, starting a 100 mile ride when you already have that problem would NOT be a good idea. I have had the problem develop during a century ride and that is bad enough. See you another time!

Cheers Colin, If all goes to plan I'll arrive at Howden station at 10:36, so I'll wait there for you guys to come by. If I'm later for any reason I'll meet you en-route somewhere
We will be at the Co-op. Not sure where the station is... See you in the morning!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
We will be at the Co-op. Not sure where the station is... See you in the morning!

The station is about 1 mile before you get into Howden. You ride over the level crossing, so can't miss that, but you could miss the station if you didn't know it was there :okay: If it goes tits up big time at my end I have your mobile number, so I'll message you, but don't envisage any problems

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Great ride today guys. Joined for probably just over half the ride & managed to getback home for 7:30 to keep in the good books :okay:
Many thanks to @ColinJ for organising the ride again & @colly now has the pleasure of riding with me on my 1st ever imperial century & my last one :smile:Cheers guys :okay:
full.jpg

colly

Re member eR
Once again thanks to @ColinJ for doing the leg work prior to the ride.
Apologies for rolling up late but I was at the station on time and on the right platform. The train was just the 8.49 rather than the 8.24 for some reason.
Nice to meet up again Paul, probably see you on another 100 miler in about 10 years. Hopefully sooner.

Top Bottom