York-Humber Bridge-York Saturday, June 9th, 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Looking online the last Northern service from Leeds to Tod leaves Leeds at 22:38, so I'm sure you'll make that one ^_^

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The timetables haven't changed yet, but with the current Saturday timetable, there is a direct NR train leaving Littleborough at 07:16, Todmorden 07:23 and arriving in York at 09:02. That would be VERY handy, only delaying our nominal 09:00 start by a few minutes.

Coming back, there is a NR train to Blackpool leaving York at 19:18 and arriving at Hebden Bridge at 20:52. The 21:07 from Hebden Bridge would arrive at Tod at 21:15 and Littleborough at 21:23. We would have to crack on to get back to York station in time, otherwise we would have to hang about for the next NR train and have a lot of faffing about, or pay to use a different service.

£7 would be a big saving. Off peak return tickets with our railcards would cost £18.15 from Littleborough or £15.00 from Todmorden. I don't suppose that railcards could be used with those NR bargain tickets could they @Soltydog? :whistle:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The timetables haven't changed yet, but with the current Saturday timetable, there is a direct NR train leaving Littleborough at 07:16, Todmorden 07:23 and arriving in York at 09:02. That would be VERY handy, only delaying our nominal 09:00 start by a few minutes.

Coming back, there is a NR train to Blackpool leaving York at 19:18 and arriving at Hebden Bridge at 20:52. The 21:07 from Hebden Bridge would arrive at Tod at 21:15 and Littleborough at 21:23. We would have to crack on to get back to York station in time, otherwise we would have to hang about for the next NR train and have a lot of faffing about, or pay to use a different service.

£7 would be a big saving. Off peak return tickets with our railcards would cost £18.15 from Littleborough or £15.00 from Todmorden. I don't suppose that railcards could be used with those NR bargain tickets could they @Soltydog? :whistle:

The new timetables are on National Rail, but it list all TOCs & don't think you can just specify Northern trains which is a PITA. From what I've seen & heard there will be quite a few changes to times :sad: But it's good news for passengers with many last trains running later (certainly in & out of Hull it is)
Sadly there is no further discounts with railcards, my parents use them quite often & despite their ages have to pay 'full' price. Children under 16 only pay £3.50 though :okay:

That's right. I only had 1 of my vouchers left (4 tickets per voucher) but managed to get a spare from a work mate & possibly another coming, so upto 12 cheap tickets, expire in June though, so only good for the June proposed date :okay:

Good work. 12 tickets should be plenty, if you're planning to share them. I'm sure people will appreciate the generosity. If any more than that are required (or indeed if the July date is opted for in the end, rendering your vouchers unusable) then I don't mind collecting HDM vouchers and posting them out to anyone who wants to ride that would benefit from a £10 Northern day rider ticket.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And with all those people potentially saving all that money I'd like to think @Soltydog won't need to buy himself a pint when the group rolls into the York Tap :okay:
He might have to go to the bar because we will be rushing to catch our train home, but we could donate the cash for it! :laugh:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
And with all those people potentially saving all that money I'd like to think @Soltydog won't need to buy himself a pint when the group rolls into the York Tap :okay:

He might have to go to the bar because we will be rushing to catch our train home, but we could donate the cash for it! :laugh:

Cheers guys, but no need & depending on work I might not be going all the way to York, might have to go to work (zero tolerance for alcohol)

If the ride ends up being in July, I currently have 1 voucher for 4 tickets, but might be able to scrounge some more off other folk :okay:

Julia9054

Guru
Awww! Sad face!
I have a gig in York on the 9th.
If anyone fancies rounding off their ride with a brass band concert, i will be at the Joseph Rowntree theatre.
Alternatively, i could do the ride in my stage outfit, carrying my instrument and then go straight on stage!^_^

Top Bottom