1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young British Pro Cyclists

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling' started by Flying_Monkey, 7 Feb 2012.

1. iLB

iLB Hello there

Surely teams will be full by now. could he move after the season has started?
  2. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey King of All Wild Things

Advert
    Saxo Bank will have a vacancy... :whistle:
    Noodley and rich p like this.
  3. Alan Tullett

Alan Tullett Active Member

4. oldroadman

oldroadman Über Member

Last place he needs is Saxobank. Better stay with Endura this season, if his good form stays he will get offers. Plus, at Endura he is a leader, any big team it will be domestique duties, and palmares will suffer accordingly. The only thing I would move for, in his place, is a 2 year deal nice and watertight with a shedload of cash, it's a living after all and at 27 you have 6-7 decent years left if you take care of yourself properly, after that most riders lose a bit and it's always possible to drop down a level.
  5. Flying_Monkey

I know, it was just a joke as they will be missing Alberto Contador right now.
  6. oldroadman

oldroadman Über Member

Not for too long though, just before Mr R appears before the UCI to try and keep his licence. All fun and games there then.
  7. raindog

raindog er.....

8. Flying_Monkey

JTL was third today after attacking and breaking a field including Sammy Sanchez and Robert Gesink on a tough climb in the Tour of Murcia today. Only problem was that he couldn't shake Quintana and cracked himself near the end.
  9. iLB

iLB Hello there

2nd overall?
  10. raindog

raindog er.....

11. Alan Tullett

Alan Tullett Active Member

JTL second in Murcia after the TT (he was 14th in that).
  12. Flying_Monkey

The Endura squad have currently got teams in two major races in Europe simultaneously, which I think is a first for them: the Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartoli and the Tour de Normandie. JTL is in Italy, and the team there were second in the TTT today, meaning that he and 3 other Endura riders are in the Top 10. Meanwhile in Normandy, Ian Wilkinson went one better, winning from the break on Stage 3. But the TdN is a tough old race and there's plenty of stages to go. The remainder of the SICeB should show us just whether JTL can really compete with the best on the European Tour...
  13. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

14. raindog

raindog er.....

Thanks for the news you two - these smaller races are sometimes difficult to keep track of.

Tiernan-Locke is nicely placed for when they hit the mountains - today?
  15. Flying_Monkey

Well, Endura continue to impress in Normandy with a solo win for young Brit, Erick Rowsell, today. In Italy, where the team seems to be riding for Paul Voss of Germany, he is still in contention, but JTL didn't mount a challenge today, and is down in 56th overall.
  16. Strathlubnaig

Strathlubnaig Über Member

Erick Rowsell is doing well, including only a second behind the leader in the young rider comp. That is a tight race too, with only 2 minutes and change separating the top couple of dozen after 5 stages.
  17. Flying_Monkey

Robert Partridge 6th today in Normandy, Endura have 3 in the Top 20. Also Simon Yates riding for the GB national team over there is finishing consistenly in the Top 10 or so, which is also good news for the future.
  18. Flying_Monkey

Erick Rowsell 2nd today in a 2-man late breakaway and now up to 7th overall... he's having a great TdN
  19. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

20. Flying_Monkey

Oh, yeah - I almost forgot Raleigh were down there. That's a tough race too.

Meanwhile back in Normandy, Jonathan McEvoy was 2nd today and Scott Thwaites 4th in the final stage. Erick Rowsell finished 7th overall. I'm not sure, but I think Endura must have taken the Team classification. Pretty damn impressive all round.