Your EU result predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
QED.

What a farking awful day to be British.

Agree, I'm embarrassed today to be British

However, that's the nature of a democracy. No doubt if we had voted to remain we would have been telling the leavers to suck it up and deal with the consequences. Same in reverse

I do worry that the EU will make the exit painful in terms of our post-EU relationship with them so as to deter other countries from leaving

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I am sure they will leave us better off.
And I am sure they'll be better off when they leave us....

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
:wacko::hello::wacko::wacko::biggrin:
[Brexiteer Conspiracy Theory Tinfoil Hat Mode]

They're stuffed the ballot boxes already so it's irrelevant... the Lizard Illuminati won't allow the people to really have a say.

[/Brexiteer Conspiracy Theory Tinfoil Hat Mode]

I think it will be close but I reckon the turnout will be 65%(ish) and the margin will be 2-3% in favour of Remain.
Do you ever get anything right.:laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm not embarrassed to be British. I'm embarrassed to be English.
That's the sort of patronising elitist crap that convinced most of the traditional working class to vote out. I come into contact with hundreds of these people because of my job, most of my friends and associates are of the same ilk and I know very few people who were for remain. People struggling to get on the housing ladder don't give a damn that the value of my property may go down, they say "Bring it on" so they have a chance of getting on it themselves. They are worried about the pressure on social housing that has their kids still living at home because newer arrivals are getting in first, and they are the ones who have to accept the massive cultural changes caused to their localities by mass immigration and the pressure on schools, social services and hospitals. They know full well that all of this is not purely the fault of EU immigration but they are fed up enough to give a big protest vote because their concerns have been ignored and any dissent has seen them labelled as racists, little Englanders and Xenophobes. People higher up the social scale do not live in places effected by this and have failed to understand the underlying and growing resentment that has been festering and growing for years and now they have paid the price.

No one knows what the effect of leaving the EU will be long term, but over half the country, the ones who have been made to feel marginalised by the establishment feel it is a gamble worth taking. This campaign was Remains to lose, and boy did they blow it big time with their arrogant treatment of people they dismissed as fruitcakes and idiots rather than listening to their concerns.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
That's the sort of patronising elitist crap that convinced most of the traditional working class to vote out. I come into contact with hundreds of these people because of my job, most of my friends and associates are of the same ilk and I know very few people who were for remain. People struggling to get on the housing ladder don't give a damn that the value of my property may go down, they say "Bring it on" so they have a chance of getting on it themselves. They are worried about the pressure on social housing that has their kids still living at home because newer arrivals are getting in first, and they are the ones who have to accept the massive cultural changes caused to their localities by mass immigration and the pressure on schools, social services and hospitals. They know full well that all of this is not purely the fault of EU immigration but they are fed up enough to give a big protest vote because their concerns have been ignored and any dissent has seen them labelled as racists, little Englanders and Xenophobes. People higher up the social scale do not live in places effected by this and have failed to understand the underlying and growing resentment that has been festering and growing for years and now they have paid the price.

No one knows what the effect of leaving the EU will be long term, but over half the country, the ones who have been made to feel marginalised by the establishment feel it is a gamble worth taking. This campaign was Remains to lose, and boy did they blow it big time with their arrogant treatment of people they dismissed as fruitcakes and idiots rather than listening to their concerns.
Glad you got that off your chest. Scotland and NI voted in. Last time I checked plenty of what you patronisingly call the traditional working class live there. Maybe they are smart enough to realise that using an EU exit referendum as a protest vote is a really, really, dumb idea.

We will have years of economic uncertainty as a result of this outcome, and the folk at the bottom of the UK pile, my friends and family amongst them, will be the first to suffer, and will suffer the most.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I feel very very sad at the moment and quite anxious for our kids.
I feel anxious for myself! Sorry, non UK passport holder here :blush:

[QUOTE 4335376, member: 9609"]just woke up - OMG, WTF have we done, this is monumentally scary but very brexciting all at the same time - we live in interesting times. I think I'm happy, but far from sure[/QUOTE]
Well, my tongue firmly in cheek, I want to tell you to FO :tongue:
Interesting times?
It's all right for you, are you going to buy my flat if I'm told to get out?
Have you thought about Brits working and living in the EU, they could get a hard time of it too.
Several of my UK friends have married EU nationals, worked here all their lives, now retired abroad with their spouses. How will this affect them?
While I sympathize with the working class here (I am working class too!) you needed us all those years ago to do the jobs British people did not want, and to teach you how to cook: what now for us?
I agree that the UK's economic resources have reduced from 30 years ago, when I immigrated: why then not just reduce access to the welfare system to non UK passport holders, instead of making people like me alien citizens?
Harumph! I'm emigrating to Cyprus, where civilization begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom