Your unbucket list.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Trek to Machu Picchu along a path littered with used toilet paper, and be told how totally awesome it is.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have a relative who did that when he first started driving. Entered the m25 and went the wrong way and carried on until he had done the complete lap to the exit he wanted!

South Mimms was the first services on the M25.

When it opened, a sign on the A1 said something like: M25 services 24 miles eastbound 93miles westbound.

The sign was referring to the same service area.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
As a six year old I stood with my family looking out to sea at Barrow-in-Furness, a howling gale in our faces. A parent noticed my little brother turning blue and turned him away from the wind so he could breathe again.

Brilliant! Brought to mind this, which appeared in (a rather lowering article in) the grauniad a couple of weeks back:

When I was growing up in Ireland, my family would spend two weeks every summer in a caravan near Skibbereen. Rain-lashed, defiantly entertainment-free, these trips had no clear objective other than to make us appreciate not being on holiday. They made the world seem smaller, somehow, as if a door had been flung open to reveal a dingy cupboard.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Uhm, not sure about "pointless existence", I don't think it's pointless at all.

I would say I've put less emphasis on going travelling on my bike. It used to be a bucket list item but I just don't care any more. As long as I ride a reasonable amount, it's ok for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom