Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 50 pence coin..

• 1 pound coin

• 2 pound coin

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

If I see something that resembles a gold sovereign, than I shall give it a little tap with my walking stick just to make sure it is not a chocolate children's one.

I pick up any coin, however small.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I spent 20 minutes trawling the shops trying to match up the photo on the driving license with a customer.

The smiley was for the pleasure in handing it back to him when I eventually found him.

Well done for going the extra mile. One of my kids found a credit card at a shopping centre last week ... I wasn't sure what to do with it so handed it to the nearest shop assistant in John Lewis.

LLB

I spent 20 minutes trawling the shops trying to match up the photo on the driving license with a customer.

The smiley was for the pleasure in handing it back to him when I eventually found him.

I found a mobile phone a few years ago at an indoor Horse show in Hartpury Agricultural college. Before I handed it to the show organisers, I rang a few numbers on it to try and establish who it belonged to so they knew it was being claimed by its rightful owner. After a few fruitless calls to answering machines, Someone picked it up and identified the owner after a little hesitation as a Mr Richard Hammond (It was James May who I rang).

The phone book was like a who's who (including Jezza ;) and VBH :ohmy: )

He came back an hour later and thanked me for it. He didn't even mind when I said that I'd had a sniff though the address book to try and identify him. His Niece lives locally and was competing there against my daughter (who won the class ;))

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I would pick up any coin, last April fools day I scanned a £20 note and wrote in small writing April fool on it and left it on the stairs in my flat, not too sure who pick it up but I would have loved to seen there face if they tried to spend it ;)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

linfordlunchbox said:
I found a mobile phone a few years ago at an indoor Horse show in Hartpury Agricultural college. Before I handed it to the show organisers, I rang a few numbers on it to try and establish who it belonged to so they knew it was being claimed by its rightful owner. After a few fruitless calls to answering machines, Someone picked it up and identified the owner after a little hesitation as a Mr Richard Hammond (It was James May who I rang).

The phone book was like a who's who (including Jezza xx( and VBH :tongue: )

He came back an hour later and thanked me for it. He didn't even mind when I said that I'd had a sniff though the address book to try and identify him. His Niece lives locally and was competing there against my daughter (who won the class ;))

WOW - what a story..people would kill for that JC's no. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I once bent down to pick up a quid right in front of a taxi office only to find it glued down and I looked up to some grinning telephonists xx(

:biggrin:

LLB

yenrod said:
WOW - what a story..people would kill for that JC's no. ;) :biggrin:

I once bent down to pick up a quid right in front of a taxi office only to find it glued down and I looked up to some grinning telephonists xx(

xx(

Tempting once I realised who it belonged to, but to be realistic, it would be a gross invasion of privacy on both parties if I'd have done it. I'd not have been able to live with the guilt.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm in the "pick up coin" camp too, so I can't vote...

I think a quid is the best I've ever got, but I must have picked up a couple of quid in odds and ends over the years.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arch said:
I think a quid is the best I've ever got...
It wasn't a coin, but my best find was when I was out on my MTB one sunny day a few years back. As I grovelled up a steep bridleway, the sun reflected off something in the dirt ahead so I made a mental note to check for glass when I got up there. It turned out to be a ten pound note and the light was bouncing off the hologram foil :wacko:!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I remember when I was first working on building sites the 'lads' telling me about their 'bit of fun'. They would use a blow torch and heat up a 10p coin (when 10p was worth something) and then toss it out on to the pavement waiting to see who would burn their fingers on it.

I still check, if I am near construction sites, by giving the coin a kick up the pavement to check it isn't glued down or hot enough to melt the toe of my boot.

Top Bottom