Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 50 pence coin..

• 1 pound coin

• 2 pound coin

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Night Train said:
They would use a blow torch and heat up a 10p coin (when 10p was worth something) and then toss it out on to the pavement waiting to see who would burn their fingers on it.
I tried that stunt with a £5 note once. Never again.

pzycoman

Found a £2 coin in Heathrow T1 the other day, but being someone who believes in doing the right thing, I put it into the nearest charity collection tin!

radger

Veteran
Anecdotes ahoy

I tend to pick up anything worth 5p or more; not that I often see them.

When I was working in a pub in a seaside resort during the off seaon, an elderly lady left her purse on the bench after she and her son had been in for lunch. It had £300 in it.
They rang to see if we'd got it, and we sent it back, recorded delivery.
I got told to keep £20 for finding it. Which was nice.

I found a £20 note outside the police station at the end of my road as a kid. I would have told them, but said police station was never open, so i took it home
i think my parents spent it on cigarettes

Noodley

Dayvo said:
I pick up every coin that is pick-upable!

Look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves!;)

Very true Dayvo, very true.

...and it's amazing how much chewing is still left in the bits of gum one finds trodden into the pavement. :biggrin:

simoncc

If I was walking down the road, which I rarely am, I'd pick up any coin. When I'm cycling I won't stop for a copper coin or a 5p, although if one is at a junction and I've had to stop I'll pick it up.

My hauls include every single coin and a £5 note. My best was when I stopped by the side of the main Leeds/Bradford dual carriageway to mend a puncture and lying in the grass verge were 8 pound coins.

Maz

Guru
simoncc said:
My best was when I stopped by the side of the main Leeds/Bradford dual carriageway to mend a puncture and lying in the grass verge were 8 pound coins.
I don't believe that story...£8 coins don't exist.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my paper round used to pass a pub with a large car park. needless to say, there were good pickings to be had.

Top Bottom