1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£££ to spend - wheel advice...

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Stwutter, 17 Oct 2007.

1. Stwutter

Stwutter New Member

Gonna treat my self to some new hoops.

The shortlist is as follows -

Kysrium ES's.

Campag Shamal's.

Fulcrum 1's.

Fulcrum 0's.

Despite the fact that they're GOLD, weight wise, and, from what I can gather, performance wise, the Shamal's have nudged ahead in my mind at the moment, until I get up, make a coffee, sit down only to find that now, the F-0's perfectly match my colour scheme etc etc... basically I can't decide. I've only ridden F-1's from this list, and they were excellent., but I hear that the ES's are a great balance between weight, stiffness and reliability.

Any advice appreciated - I don't think I can go too far wrong with any of these, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Cheers.

2. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Fulcrom 0's are seriously sexy.

Kysrium ES would be my choice though - I'm a big mavic fan.

In a few week the Mavic RSys wheelset will come on the market...

3. Stwutter

Stwutter New Member

Well, it's too late now. I went for Shamal's. I was a little concerned about the bling factor, but the bike red/black, so they look the part.

Took them out for the first time this wknd, and the difference was quite amazing, especially when the Zondas I had on are not exactly a tonne each.

4. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

i've just looked in cycling weekly, they didn't a recent speed test on loads of wheels, and the Shamal's came out on top of Fulrcum 0's and the ES, so it looks like you made a good choice mate.

the fastest wheels they tested were:

Clinchers: Campag Neutron (Shamal's being 2nd fastest)
    Tubular: Reynolds DV-UL.

5. ghitchen

ghitchen Well-Known Member

For 2008 the Shamals will also be available in silver.

6. Stwutter

Stwutter New Member

I think they'll be in black as well?

I could've waited, but part of the point was that they were cheap as the 08's were due out soon.