£££ to spend - wheel advice...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stwutter

Gonna treat my self to some new hoops.

The shortlist is as follows -

Kysrium ES's.

Campag Shamal's.

Fulcrum 1's.

Fulcrum 0's.

Despite the fact that they're GOLD, weight wise, and, from what I can gather, performance wise, the Shamal's have nudged ahead in my mind at the moment, until I get up, make a coffee, sit down only to find that now, the F-0's perfectly match my colour scheme etc etc... basically I can't decide. I've only ridden F-1's from this list, and they were excellent., but I hear that the ES's are a great balance between weight, stiffness and reliability.

Any advice appreciated - I don't think I can go too far wrong with any of these, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Cheers.

Fulcrom 0's are seriously sexy.

Kysrium ES would be my choice though - I'm a big mavic fan.

In a few week the Mavic RSys wheelset will come on the market...

OP
OP
Stwutter

Stwutter

Well, it's too late now. I went for Shamal's. I was a little concerned about the bling factor, but the bike red/black, so they look the part.

Took them out for the first time this wknd, and the difference was quite amazing, especially when the Zondas I had on are not exactly a tonne each.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i've just looked in cycling weekly, they didn't a recent speed test on loads of wheels, and the Shamal's came out on top of Fulrcum 0's and the ES, so it looks like you made a good choice mate.

the fastest wheels they tested were:

Clinchers: Campag Neutron (Shamal's being 2nd fastest)
Tubular: Reynolds DV-UL.

ghitchen

Stwutter said:
Well, it's too late now. I went for Shamal's. I was a little concerned about the bling factor, but the bike red/black, so they look the part.

Took them out for the first time this wknd, and the difference was quite amazing, especially when the Zondas I had on are not exactly a tonne each.

For 2008 the Shamals will also be available in silver.

Top Bottom