*&$%£@ car drivers!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
speccy1 said:
It`s clearly all my fault then, how stupid of me:o);):sad:);)

Well if the car was 500 yards up the road and she just slammed her brakes on then how can it not be?
500 yards is a long way, if i saw a car just slam the brakes on id be looking to see why, and starting to slow down and looking for the obsticle.
I still dont get how your complaining about a car slamming her brakes on in the distance, and because you were powering along and kids walked infront of you, its her fault.
You should of stopped before or looked, dont blame the woman for letting the kids cross.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Joe24

speccy1 said:
I wish I had never started this post now, as I`m getting treated like an idiot, having my intelligence insulted, and overnight seemed to have become public enemy number one

I thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum...........

I thought your reply would be something like that.
Your riding style gets questioned so you have a paddy.
What do you want people to say? Oh you were in the right for powering along when a car has done an emergency stop and nearly hitting some kids.
FFS, just relax, you see a car slow down then why not slow down yourself.
Are you going to through another paddy now and say goodbye?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
speccy1 said:
I wish I had never started this post now, as I`m getting treated like an idiot, having my intelligence insulted, and overnight seemed to have become public enemy number one

I thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum...........
It is a friendly forum (for the most part).. but if you come here expecting us to all slap you on the back and say what a wonderful rider you are, and how you were hard done by then you are mistaken.

Car is 500 yards away and slams the anchors on.... doesn't take a genius to figure out something may be about to happen and to (at the very least) be covering your brakes, ready to stop yourself.

Sorry if you can't handle the truth. </Jack Nicholson>

Joe24

speccy1 said:
I don`t expect any such thing

This is my last post on this subject, I`m not rising to the bait any more. I`ve probably ruined the decent reputation I had up until now because of this.........thanks all for the sarcy, acid, and arrogant contributions

No dont worry, you havent ruined the rep you have, i doubt many people are too bothered about it.
I mean look at magnatom, he used to have huge long posts about his riding and his over reacting but people still love him.

Crankarm

Guru
speccy1 said:

This is my last post on this subject, I`m not rising to the bait any more. I`ve probably ruined the decent reputation I had up until now because of this.........thanks all for the sarcy, acid, and arrogant contributions

There is only one thing worse than a bad reputation and that is not having a reputation.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
speccy1 said:

Not sure what you did expect then. You were venting at a car driver and (I can only presume) expected us all to agree with you... I presume this as when we didn't you got a little bit pissy with us.

No reputation ruined as far as I can see... not sure what reputation you think you have on here though.

Also unsure exactly where the sarcy, acid and arrogant contributions were... I think you need a thicker skin. ;)

Joe24

You mean buggers, look what youve done.
Youve ruined this person reputation, everyone is going to think really bad of him now!!
You sarcy, acid and arrogant bunch of contributers to this forum you!!!!!!!!

;)

Crankarm

Guru
Joe24 said:
You mean buggers, look what youve done.
Youve ruined this person reputation, everyone is going to think really bad of him now!!
You sarcy, acid and arrogant bunch of contributers to this forum you!!!!!!!!

;)

So Joe24 any chance you will be changing your stance re Mr Newton?

thomas

the tank engine
speccy1 said:

From experience, and I've posted with videos, you'll always get mixed views. From what you've said though I'm still confused about it all. I think your measurements were probably wrong and I'm still not really sure about what happened, for you to be so annoyed.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Well done Joe24 and Crankarm isn`t your wit as amusing as always, you`ll find that will probably fade when you stop needing bedtime stories and GROW UP

Fair points everybody else

Top Bottom