£1.5-2.5k road bike buying advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you, this helps.

How big is the difference between an aero bike vs endurance? Would an aerobike such as the canyon aeroad be that bad on hill climbs (something like Toys Hill in Kent?). Or is this marketing?
Marketing.

The difference between an aero bike and say a TCR on a hill is nothing like the difference between a TT bike and a road bike for your racing.

DRM

Guru
Marketing.

The difference between an aero bike and say a TCR on a hill is nothing like the difference between a TT bike and a road bike for your racing.

View: https://youtu.be/Mat7_VJuVnw

This’ll give you an idea how fast a TT bike is

OP
OP
willkl

willkl

This is really helpful! So question, would a TT bike be comfortable enough on a long ride, with hills, country roads, twists and turns? Really I’m torn between and aero bike and a TT bike…I think.:🤣

No. A TT bike is best for racing and training for racing on. It's not an everyday bike.

An aero bike won't be any faster than say the TCR. Buy it because you like the look of it but in the real world it won't be any faster.

For your budget you could buy one of each.

OP
OP
willkl

willkl

No. A TT bike is best for racing and training for racing on. It's not an everyday bike.

An aero bike won't be any faster than say the TCR. Buy it because you like the look of it but in the real world it won't be any faster.

For your budget you could buy one of each.

If I used my budget to get one of each, In the example of an ‘aero’ bike…what the difference in real terms between a £1k and a £2k bike (second hand)? Just newer and shinier or is there a big performance difference?

Very minimal difference. Most of the improvement in speed will be from the more aero position that you're in on the TT bike.

Top Bottom