£1 shop puncture repair kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
I have a puncture repair kit that I got in a £1 shop which I have not used for I guess a few years

However my luck ran out a few days ago and I got a puncture when I tried to repair the puncture I could not get the patch to bond to the tube

First I let the glue dry on the tube before putting on the patch and it just would not stick then I tried again and waited until the glue was tacky before putting on the patch and it still would not stick after that I gave up and threw the tube in the bin

Is it me or the repair kit was the problem ?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I have used them, never had a problem.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Presumably there is more than one supplier of these kits. Some of these Chinese firms can be a little unscrupulous shall we say.

rrarider

Veteran
If you had sandpapered the area well and the patch wouldn't stick, don't buy that brand again. The 1 pound Wilko kits are very good value and effective.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wester

Wester

Guru
Whatever the brand, I've found that the glue goes off over time, even in unopened tubes. It gets more viscous and just doesn't work.

I guess that was the problem as I have had the kit for many years and I did not need to use it

Top Bottom