£10 Falcon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Them, and Rangers! :ohmy:

My condolences to him, honestly :biggrin:

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
New wheels!

DSC01026.jpg

XjayV

Great job! I am thinking about making myself a fixie too and would be interested in how much everything cost and where you managed to find a metal scrap person that generous!

Did you convert the original wheels to a single speed or did you have another wheelset that you put on after? I see that you later bought new wheels that look like omegas, where they expensive? Also where did you get the crank set, it looks good.

I don't really want to break the £100 budget. All help and advice welcome :-)

I too would go for the drops, but I suppose that is down to individual preference.

XjayV

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
All the info is in the previous pages of the thread. ;)

I was lucky that they happened to have it in there when I went to get some angle iron for my trailer! The back wheel was bent & it had some rubbish parts fitted so they probably thought it wasn't worth anything.

I had the back wheel trued and bought the rest of the stuff as cheaply as possible; final bill was just over £100 by the time I got it on the road. Recently the back wheel started to come apart; it had 4 spokes missing by the time I bought the new wheels off ebay for £65. Still, I managed to get 800 miles out of the originals!

The chainset was off ebay too; it's an FSA Vero and cost about £33 delivered from Taiwan.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
List of bits is here, on the last page:
https://www.cyclechat.net/

Goldie

Über Member
I got some NOS ITM drop bars and Weinmann brake levers off ebay from a seller based (I think) in Skegness which I'm guessing is a bike shop clearing old stock - I think it cost me about £20 for bars, levers and bar tape - though I do have a tendency to remember prices as being cheaper than they actually were! I'll see if I can find him...

Furkz

Über Member
Amazing, what i would do is strip the frame and paint it oxidised burnt Red. (just a hint)

all the best

Top Bottom