£10 tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I tried luganos and i found them very poor.

5 punctures in 1 week if i remember rightly and they were getting cut to ribbons by the amount of road debris on my route, i have a 1 mile section of cyclepath i have to use and its always peppered with bits of glass windscreen liberally spread so you cant go round it and lots of other fun stuff of vehicles.

This is along the A 38 in derby shire very near where the cyclist was killed last week and as everyone has said the road is basically a motorway in all but name.
Switched to a alligator named tyre and although not perfect i only get the occasional flat rather than 1 a day.

I've been using them for 2 years without a single flat, and they are hard wearing too.

yashicamat

I use Schwalbe Luganos on my commuting bike in 700 x 23c form. I find them fine, although as has been mentioned, they aren't the toughest. I've had two punctures in just under 1000 miles of mostly town riding, the rear tyre is now up for replacement really as it's got little slashes and cuts all over it from sharp objects, although evidently most of them don't get through. Next time it gets a puncture I'll replace it, but they're so cheap I can't complain really. They seem to offer pretty good roadholding and braking performance too.

+1 more for the Lugano's, only reason I changed mine was that they were (a) worn, (b) cut, but I didn't know when I changed them I could superglue small cuts shut :wacko: and (c) they were 700c x 20s and were a little too low profile for commuting.
Do not, repeat DO NOT buy Schwalbe Blizzards, at least not for winter riding. They might be OK for dry, clean roads but the slightest grease, moisture or ice/snow and friction disappears, not very reassuring at all.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Dunno if they come in boneshaker size, but my 700c x 42 City Contacts have been very robust so far. Think I paid £15 + £5 postage for them on the well known auction site.

Cyclist33

I had a pair of Michelin Orium 700x23s from Decathlon for 18 months, commuting pretty much everyday in Sheffield without a puncture. £10 per tyre. Loved them.

Stu

Top Bottom