£1000 to spend on C2W scheme... Bike advice please..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toeknee

Über Member
Hello everyone,

As per title, I have £1000 to spend on a road bike, now in other posts I have been putting the cube peloton sl 2015 at the top of my list, but on visiting a few bike shops today, they all said that the components are amazing, but the,frames are not that good ( please correct me if they ar wrong. ) , so I seem to be back to square one with my selection. I have been looking at the Dale synapse, but a bit unsure about the disc brakes, also been looking at the cadd8. Two of the bike shops pointed me towards the Scott speedster 10 2015, which looks nice. But at the end of the day I'm totally confused again now, so call on the experience of fellow cc'ers to give me some options / opinions
Either alloy or carbon.
On suitable steeds for me. This is an early 50th present off my wife.....^_^ :bicycle:
If I knew how to post links to bikes I would , but sorry I dont.

Regards

Tony

bpsmith

Veteran
Last year, the go to C2W bike was the Defy 1, without a doubt. It offered a good all round build, great frame, great groupset and reviews made it bike of the year.

Not sure how it stacks up this year, with a redesign, but if it's as good as the previous year then it definitely worth a look.

OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Über Member
Have you looked at Planet X?

Yes I did, I wanted the pro carbon, but they take 10% on the cycle scheme, so because of that , I had to have a lower spec bike, so I left that one.

So is this on her C2W scheme or yours?

No it's on mine, but Mrs t is making the monthly payments.

What sort and how much cycling do you do now?

My riding consists of riding on country lanes, every week or more if I can.

screenman

Legendary Member
My riding consists of riding on country lanes, every week or more if I can.[/QUOTE]

The reason I asked is that from my experience most people who buy on this scheme soon go off the idea of cycling, you could well be one who does not, seeing as you already enjoy it.

On firm I do work for had 9 people buy on this scheme, only one was still using the bike a month later. This came from a reliable source.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I can only get C2W in January or June so I'm starting to look for the next one......don't really need a bike, but still ;)
DOLAN looking good, just need to get up to Ormskirk for a test ride

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Interesting what you say about the Cube frames. The Cube alloy frames have poor unfinished ugly welds but this is just cosmetic so wouldn't affect any performance aspect. Have a look at the Boardman frames for comparison. Cube's money goes on components rather than frame finishing, they likely get them made outside for them, like many manufacturers.

OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Über Member
Don't have much spare cash vickster to be honest, son at Leeds uni costs a lot. Amongst other things..^_^
I was hoping you would post with the ideal bike for me....^_^

Top Bottom