£120 helmet...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
it is a very good helmet, but if you were going to buy one I suggest you go to your LBS and try one one, they aren't the same fitting as others and I wanted one until I tried one on, then realised I looked a knob!

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
But why the huge price...it's just a hat right?? Clearly not...but why spend this.much cash compared to a cheap pne?

If my.head hits the deck will the extra cash spent on this keep me out of a and e?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
No more protection just lighter and maybe better venting, or just like a cycling version of Prada for ones head..

zizou

Veteran
The more expensive helmets tend to be lighter and have better ventilation.

Although i think the new aero helmets that you are starting to see pros wear (like the giro air attack) will be more expensive, heavier and have worse ventilation :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got a Bell Sweel R and a Bell Volt - neither was cheap, but the vents are the most important for me. Stops me boiling.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have far too much hair for venting to make a huge amount of difference...buy one that fits and that you like the look of

gavintc

Guru
But why the huge price...it's just a hat right?? Clearly not...but why spend this.much cash compared to a cheap pne?

If my.head hits the deck will the extra cash spent on this keep me out of a and e?

Your comments imply that you know the reason for the additional cost. If it meets safety standards, there is little safety difference between a cheap and an expensive helmet. Why not pick on the difference between a pair of dhb and rapha bibs.

I have this Kask Dieci. It is such a comfortable helmet and the fit is spot on. It has a great adjuster at the back so that it will never fall off even without the chin strap on. I also have a Giro helmet and the Kask comfort level is different class.

If you can justify the price then i highly recommend the Dieci. Th Vertigo also gets amazing feedback though it's dearer still.
Can't see how the Mojito could be much different.

Remember with Wiggle if it doesn't fit you can send it back. Though the adjustment in these helmets should allow them to fit most.

Top Bottom