£200 saved for a two minute call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PS They had a habit of quietly switching users to higher tariffs once special offer subscriptions finished. OFCOM are putting a stop to that practice - now they will have to give you notice of any increase. As soon as they do, say "No thanks - give me my current price or I am off!".
Ha - I just got that notice today... a coming rise of £13/month! :eek:

I'll phone them tomorrow and do the "I am not paying that much so I am thinking of going to TalkTalk" speech. I hope that they will offer me what I am paying now plus inflation + 3.9% (which is what they say they might do each year). The increase then might be £2-3/month, which I would accept.

aferris2

Guru
You get switched to the "standard" rate unless you sign up for another 12/18 month deal. Look at the current deals on the plusnet website. What could have been £48 per month ended up at £22 after a couple of phone calls.

ColinJ

Holy thread resurrection Batman!
I simply came back on here to point out that Plusnet did exactly what I said they would do when my contract ran out, but that they were obliged to tell me what they were doing this time rather than sneaking the price increase in, which is what they did last time! I managed to get the price dropped again last time but they still charged me the extra for a month or two while they were going about it.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I thought there was a minimum 30 day notification period for insurance auto-renewal. Apparently not, as my house insurance notification is little more than 2 weeks.

Was going to grumble, but the quote is LOWER than last year!!!!!
Will still shop around though.

ColinJ

After my call this evening Plusnet gave me a new 24 month contract at the old price, though I have agreed to annual inflation + 3.9% increases.

I'm also getting a free engineer visit and new router after mentioning that I have been getting broadband glitches recently.

I still think it is a bit off having to phone them to say that price increases are not acceptable. They clearly make money from people who just blindly accept any increases.

Top Bottom