£2000 road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Cube Agree GTC with full Ultegra/Fulcrum 5 wheels for £1850
or better still :-
Canyon Ultimate CF 7.0 (Campagnolo Athena/Mavic Ksyrium Equipe) or 8.0(Ultegra/Mavic Ksyrium Equipe) for around £1600. The 9.0 is £2100ish with Campagnolo Chorus/Mavic Ksyrium Elite.

Cube is more flashy and the colour scheme may date - local LBS offered me 10% off too so at £1665 a great buy.
The Canyon is plain white or matt black CF but will stand the test of time - depends on your preference.

Personally I'm saving for a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 - pro level frame, Full Dura Ace and Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels for £2590 - stiff, comfortable and very light at only 6.8Kg and they have a sale during the Tour de France so hope it will be under £2k

Have fun deciding what is best for you - it's a great position to be in and remember to let us know what you get and post piccies too!!!!

OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Well the Cannondale Super Six 105 is out of stock in my size until at least MAY 2011 at my LBS - the whole of the UK stock coming in December is already sold !

I had a look at the Pinarello FP2 and it's gorgeous :biggrin:

Then I saw the new Pinarello Quattro in BCF colours and
ohmy.gif
wub.gif
ohmy.gif
wub.gif

Pinarello_Quattro_2011_BCFblue.jpg

This could get expensive
whistling.gif

Attachments

• ohmy.gif
    ohmy.gif
    261 bytes · Views: 46
  • wub.gif
    wub.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 48

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Lovely looking bike but 11kg for £2500 according to Evans site - can this be right as that's pretty heavy. For that money I'd be wanting something about 7kg
ohmy.gif

silverfox

Can I ask why you didn't include a Trek in your selection? Treks never seem to feature in wannabuy lists and I'd be interested to know why.

OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Lovely looking bike but 11kg for £2500 according to Evans site - can this be right as that's pretty heavy. For that money I'd be wanting something about 7kg
ohmy.gif

Maybe they weighed it whilst it was still in the box :tongue:

It felt about the same as my Boardman Carbon in the shop...

@silverfox - I did look at the Madone 4.7 Ultegra which was quite nice... the Pinarello just looked nicer
wub.gif

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
TBH it's the only site I found that stated that weight - others don't state a weight so probably wrong - the frame is supposed to be about 1100g so with that spec I can't see where 11Kg comes from - maybe mixing up the frame weight somehow. Probably around 8.5kg

Treks? Lots of info out there of problems with frames and poor warranty service may be an issue that puts people off plus those who can't stand Lance will never ride a Trek either.

For me it will be a Canyon as there are no compromises in the spec for the money that you get with others. If I knew more about Rose (Red Bull) then I'd seriously consider them too but TBH having a bike that is the double of that used by a pro team is the sucker punch with the Canyon. I know that it would suit my needs though and yours may be different - enjoy making your mind up
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom