£25 to look out of the window!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
Just seen on the BBC breakfast news that it'll cost £25 to go up to the 69th floor of the new "Shard" building in London!!! :ohmy:

It'll be open to the public to go and have a gander from February next year by all accounts.

I'd like to go up it, and fully understand making a charge, but chuffin' hell, £25!!!???

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Consume some alcohol first, it'll dull the pain.

martint235

Dog on a bike
It did cost £1.5bn to build. They have to recoup the money somehow.

I somehow doubt the viewing platform will be empty so to be honest I don't have an issue with them charging this much. Supply and demand at work.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I need to recoup the costs of my mortgage. I'll charge you £2 to have a gander through my window. It's nice, there's a river and that.
I'm sure it's a nice river. I think you'll need to advertise a bit wider. Hope it works.

martint235

Dog on a bike
If it gets as many tourists as the Empire State, it will pay for itself within 32 years just from the tickets to the viewing platform. If you start including rents etc, it's looking like a pretty good investment.

I wish I'd taken the opportunity to invest when it was offered to me. :sad:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was gonna say 'what's the point?' but them again, on my first trip to NYC years ago, I went up Empire State and WTC... mind you, the view was probably more impressive than that from "The Shard". What next, "The Chard"? A building made in the shape of some slightly underrated vegetable?

Top Bottom