£250,000 worth of bikes stolen from Tri UK after London Bike Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RunDorset14

Not sure if this is the right place for this (couldn't see any similar threads posted yet)...

TRI UK had two vans containing £250,000 worth of top end bikes stolen from the Travel Lodge Excel car park after the London Bike show early this morning. Full details are found in the following link.

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/250-000-of-bikes-stolen-from-tri-uk-after-london-bike-show/016038

Police are currently looking for the two Dorset Vehicle Hire vans (reg DY12 FJF and DV61 DJE) and the bikes they were carrying - one van was tracked to Newham Way, Newham, London but has since gone...

Please can everyone keep a look out...? Thanks

You'd think with the amount of cameras etc around London they'd have pictures of the faces, and rough direction of travel too?

e-rider

crappy member
sounds like the tracking device and the police have both been a bit useless here! Leaving that amount of stock inside a van in a hotal car park overnight is just stupid though. Why not just drive straight back with it. Asking for trouble really.

brand

"The report says both vehicles have tracking devices but the police 'lost' one of them and have been unable to locate the other, not much use then ( the tracking devices, not the police obviously ) "
Why blame the tracking devices!!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
sounds like the tracking device and the police have both been a bit useless here! Leaving that amount of stock inside a van in a hotal car park overnight is just stupid though. Why not just drive straight back with it. Asking for trouble really.

Or keep an eye on the vans, which reminds me when one of the American presidents visited Durham to see Tony Blair.

Some female friends of mine on a night out in Durham City spotted a large American van with lots of aerials on it parked in a hotel car park.

Curious, one of them went to have a closer look.

In under a minute, a large American guy appeared and said in his southern drawl: "Excuse me, ma',m, would you step back from that veh-i-cle."

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Last I heard the bikes and vans were still missing and a 100k reward has been offered.

http://road.cc/content/news/111262-...llion-bikes-and-stolen-after-london-bike-show

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
"The report says both vehicles have tracking devices but the police 'lost' one of them and have been unable to locate the other, not much use then ( the tracking devices, not the police obviously ) "
Why blame the tracking devices!!

Because its not the police job to act as a tracking service. If the tracking devices are being blocked or not working, what do you expect the police to do with regards to tracking?

Steve

Top Bottom