£300 a realistic budget for knockabout MTB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yes. Id be surprised if you coumd get a tidy 29er for that, but you'll find any number of decent 26" bikes.

surfdude

Veteran
this Voodoo Hoodoo Mountain Bike on e,bay no 321312513484 looks good .always got a very good review in most bike mags . look up best mtb for under £1000 and this comes out tops

Brandane

Legendary Member
Should be. I got this Trek 6500 in the same sunburst orange paint job on ebay (in mint condition from a CC member as it turned out) for £300. Great bike. I actually owned an identical one from new but stupidly sold it to my brother to help pay for my Tricross. As in your case, I missed it and had to replace it!
trek6500.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Should be. I got this Trek 6500 in the same sunburst orange paint job on ebay (in mint condition from a CC member as it turned out) for £300. Great bike. I actually owned an identical one from new but stupidly sold it to my brother to help pay for my Tricross. As in your case, I missed it and had to replace it!
trek6500.jpg

Encouraging!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Should be for a 26er, not so sure about a 29er. I got one of these back in the autumn which I'm happy with and comes out at about £340 new currently, so 2nd hand for that sort of spec should be under £300.

mattobrien

Guru
You can
This idea has kinda fallen on its bum a bit as I've realised I have nowhere to store an MTB!
keep it in my garage if you want, there's plenty of room and it will keep the there bikes happy. There, problem solved, now hurry up and buy a bike!

We are going MTB tonight, so you have got at least an hour before the bike shops of Ipswich close to get yourself one...

Top Bottom