£50 Fix Your Bike Vouchers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Just grabbed one thanks, my MTB needs a new headset so I’ll let someone else fit it. Perfect!

Slick

Guru
I got the last of a batch a fortnight ago. I'm never usually lucky, but I accepted it gracefully.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not bothering - don't actually need one. Be OK if it could just be parts, but it's labour and parts. I can't justify getting one, so those that really need one can have it.

I've got 35 years worth of tools in the garage.

johnnyb47

Guru
I managed to get one today. Am i correct in thinking that i can use the voucher towards a new set of wheels. The brake rims on mine are starting to wear close to the wear indicator marks on the rim🤔

Adjunct Satyr

I managed to get one today. Am i correct in thinking that i can use the voucher towards a new set of wheels. The brake rims on mine are starting to wear close to the wear indicator marks on the rim🤔

It states this:
Repairs which are NOT eligible:
  • replacement or upgrade of existing safe and roadworthy components;
  • replacement or repair of removable or battery powered lighting systems;
  • provision of any additional parts or accessories, whether attached to the bike or for the rider's use;
  • replacement of any part or component, even if the replacement is necessary and otherwise eligible, by a component of disproportionate value where a component of a quality and value more closely matching the original is reasonably available. In other words, it is not permitted for new parts to represent very significant upgrading not essential for roadworthiness.

Seems to suggest you’ll be fine I reckon.

johnnyb47

Guru
Thanks for the reply and quote.
I can just about see the wear indicator on the back wheel, and by the amount of miles I'm doing at the moment I'm guessing the wheels will need to be replaced in the next month or so, if i go by the "belts and brasses" approach of deeming them worn out by the disappearance of the wear indicator 🤔

vickster

Legendary Member
They may replace the rim and rebuild the wheel but that’ll cost more than £50. Mine covered a rebuild of a wheel with a cracked rim (I supplied the rim).
You can only ask the LBS taking the voucher

Slick

Guru
If I let anyone else touch my bikes my king dick tools will definitely become offended and go missing.
King Dick tools. Didn't realise they were still a thing. Didn't they ho bust after offering a lifetime guarantee?

Top Bottom