£50 reward for return of my custom built red hybrid bike with red tyres!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Destry

Stolen in Tufnell Park, London N7 0AN opposite Tufnell Park playing fields at 9.00 pm on Wednesday 9 July...

Very distinctive (because of its red frame, red tyres, black forks and lack of logos or lettering) custom built bike -- mountain frame set up for road use:
  • Pillar-box red frame, with a sparkly finish, recent re-spray so no logos, decals or lettering of any kind. Frame is actually a 22" Kona Kula Primo 2006 frame (Easton Ultralight tubing) - a very big bike!
  • Red Vredestein S-Lick tyres, 1.3 width
  • White Brothers Rock Solid rigid carbon forks - tubular design in black with White Brothers written all over them - new
  • Mavic XC717 rims, silver spokes, XTR hubs
  • Easton EC70 seatpost - rather scruffy!
  • Black WTB Rocket V SLT saddle
  • Black carbon bars cut down to 600 mm with quite a high rise and 130mm alu stem, also black, both made by Oval and plastered with logos, both new
  • Avid BB7 disk brakes
  • XTR rear shifters and XTR brake levers, both quite old
  • 9-Speed rear cassette (a Dura-Ace, but let's face it you're not going to be that close...)
  • Single chainwheel, rare XTR 48 tooth DH with even rarer spider and not so rare XTR 950 cranks
  • DMR V12 magnesium pedals, grey, heavily rubbed
  • Hope enduro headset and spacer in red
Finally, the seatpost and wheels have been secured with Pitlock bolts - you need a unique bolt head to mate with the nuts on the wheel/seatpost bolts. If you don't have the bolt head, you would have to drill them out or break something to lower the seat (which is set very high) or even mend a flat. Well, obviously I do have it and the thief does not...

Well, it's a beautiful bike, about 21 lbs, painstakingly assembled, ridden for a couple of weeks, then bang, gone! Suffering profound distress and very happy to give £50 to anyone who hands it back to me! Or if you see it anywhere, please text me on 07973 187 717 so I can go and get it back myself...

Yours in hope,

Tom

Willow

:biggrin: sympathies, and what a hassle.

OP
OP
D

Destry

Many thanks...

... for all your sympathy and tip-offs. I went to Brick Lane this morning - what a den of thieves! Saw one being cuffed and carted off by two plainclothes policemen, and overheard a gaggle of them bragging about the great bikes that had come into their possession... It's beyond brazen! However, my labour of love nowhere to be seen.

Next stop Hounslow Heath - didn't know about that one...

Cheers,

Tom

spindrift

Top Bottom