£500-£700 rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi, sorry if this appears to be in the wrong section but I seek advice for a commuter friend.

He is looking to buy a roadie for between £500- £700 and I wanted to see if you fine folk had any suggestions.

So far I suggesting the obvious hits along the lines of;
Specialized Allez
Giant Defy 4
Trek 1.2
Bianchi Nirone
Cube Peleton

any other fancy thoughts to add?

Kona Honky Tonk. Great handling bike with retro looks and you don't see many of them. Steel is real!!

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
2nd hand route and save a fortune
good point but he needs a vat reciept.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
SPECIALIZED ALLEZ SPORT he will not need another bike for a while. Top end of £700 if they are willing to add £25. Or get last years edition for much less than this with it being around 500-600 mark.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
No problems with the Triban 5, Plenty of Triban 3s flying off the racks and being used as commuters too last year. The 3 will get him £200-£400 change.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You want something for commuting or for the weekend?

Personally when it comes to a commuter, full rack mounts and mudguard mounts are a must.

I disagree, I have no rack and only one of those dirt monkey seat post mudguards on the back which are next to useless. Saying that I do have a shower at work :tongue:

I know the OP said a road bike, but if he is going commute all year round I would suggest he looks at a hybrid, that way he can put some winter tyres on it (I don't think you can get them for road bikes - I may be wrong) when the really crap winter weather hits.

Top Bottom