£500 Winter ‘road’ bike advice 🤷‍♂️

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Got a couple of lightly used road bikes in my garage, but both 60cm frame size and I doubt either would take 28 tyres never mind wider

I’m not sure of your point. But:

Many of Decathlon / Triban (See link below) Merlin’s, Forme’s, Voodoo’s etc - in the sub £500 bracket - come with 28 or 32c tyres. And many others have both wheel sets and frame clearances that will accept wider rubber. It’s perhaps becoming the / much more the norm, even on lower end stuff…….

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/road-bike-triban-rc-100-grey/_/R-p-308047

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I’m not sure of your point. But

I was just letting you know just in case a 60 cm frame was any good to you

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I was just letting you know just in case a 60 cm frame was any good to you

Arghh. Right…..

Although I’m 6’2 - I’m longer in the body than legs. So have been advised on my last two purchases to go for 56cm frames.
Whilst I might be borderline for a 58: I think a 60cm would be pushing things too far.

Thankyou very much for the offer though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Heavy old beast tbh!

It’s a £500 bike with big tyres and disc brakes. What do you suggest that‘s new and lighter (I can’t see a weight listed immediately, 13kg?), that meets the OPs needs. He could take some weight off with lighter tyres probably.
He‘s explained why buying used is problematic

Jameshow

Veteran

Dag Hammar

I would suggest searching on Facebook Marketplace and widen your search area beyond Lowestoft.
Norwich, I reckon is approximately 30 miles distant and a large city such as Norwich would no doubt throw up quite a few second hand bikes for sale on Marketplace.

And if all else fails, there are several large bike shops in Norwich to browse around if you fancy having a day out and peruse the options available brand new.

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Top Bottom