£5K to spend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of these without a doubt for me:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...oogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle

If your in the NE, KB cycles in Newburn is a great shop

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Personally if I were spending that much I'd want a test ride with a pair of wheels I was familiar with to fully assess it.

I like and trust Ridley's but would still insist on a ride first.

Noodley

CamR said:
All,
I am based in NE England so may have to travel to try some different frames.

There are plenty good bike shops in the North of Englandshire. So you should be able to find something not too far away from you.

beancounter

Cam, I must admit that I didn't think you'd get much in the way of useful advice here - there's very little interest in high end bikes on this forum.

You might do better on bikeradar.

If you do get something nice, post it up (with pics).

Cheers :laugh:

bc

Arch

Married to Night Train
beancounter said:
Cam, I must admit that I didn't think you'd get much in the way of useful advice here - there's very little interest in high end bikes on this forum.

There's high end and there's 'how much!:ohmy:'

If I had 5K to spend I'd be looking at one of these:

borealis-side.jpg

But I'd need extra money for a garage to keep it in.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
My choice would be custom build titanium to get everything I wanted or if you really want carbon then custom fit Viner. Jealous as hell so enjoy making your choice as it would take me forever!

MajorMantra

Viner would be my suggestion too, though in your position I'd probably end up being seduced by a Pinarello Dogma or something instead, for pure raw sex appeal.

Matthew

OP
OP
C

CamR

All,

The responses have been interesting. I continue to do some research. Has anyone got any experience of Look Frames? My head has been turned by a Look 586

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
MacB said:
At that price I'd want to be able to insist on no decals, stickers, as I object to being a moving advertising board.

Trek and Pinarello's personalisation both allows for that, you just have black-on-black (etc). I imagine Viner would do something similar, I'll find out sometime.......

Top Bottom