“ New” car day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well it’s in my drive now with the fleet and the biggest shock was my good lady wants to drive it ! Poor thing only has a VW Touran 😆 The high spec Octavia with heated seats has got her all giddy 😆

Drago

Legendary Member
Excellent. Always good to see older cars going to a home where they'll be well maintained and cherished. That's far, far less damaging to the environment than raping the planet for resources to build a brand new electric car, and then shipping it to market on the other side of the globe.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Excellent. Always good to see older cars going to a home where they'll be well maintained and cherished. That's far, far less damaging to the environment than raping the planet for resources to build a brand new electric car, and then shipping it to market on the other side of the globe.
My thoughts exactly, some people are so desperate to have the latest car on the road and worry what people think of them having older cars. I’ve always wanted this model and my friend who sold it was glad I got it after his 14 years of careful ownership. By rights I could easily get another 100k out of it without too many issues and for the price I paid I’m not stressing too much

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I keep a car indefinitely unless something bad happens with it and I lose confidence in it. Then I change it pronto. The exception was a Jimny, which I still miss but my daughters no longer fitted in the rear seats. All other cars I've sold have had some deep-seated and potentially expensive fault.

Drago

Legendary Member
It was in the news again yesterday, that the latest large scale study shows that electric cars have to be driven for a minimum of 45000 miles, and in some instances almost double that, to draw even on emissions with an ICE powered counterpart. Yet another reason for older cars to be showered with love and cherisehed, instead of blindly churning out new ones to replace them.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Took the big bus to work today, I think the Donkeys approve 😆

Top Bottom